Style Clifftop minimalist luxury
Setting Unspoilt Aegean island
The buildings of the all-white Anemi Hotel on Folegandros look, from a distance, like giant sugar cubes perched precariously on the edge of the cliff, overlooking the turquoise Aegean. And, once you get up close, this Greek-island getaway guarantees a stay as stylish as the views are stunning.
Need to know
- Rooms 40, including 12 suites.
Double rooms from $269.00 (€210), excluding tax at 5 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€210) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates generally include a la carte breakfast, local taxes and transfers to the port and heliport.
- Facilities Free WiFi in common areas, tennis courts, gym. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, free wired internet; some suites have Nespresso machines.
- Poolside Lay out your lounger by the hotel’s main clifftop infinity pool to take in the stunning Aegean views. There’s also an indoor pool, which is more of a family friendly place to splash.
- Check-out Noon. Earliest check-in, 3pm, but flexible subject to availability.
- Children Welcome. Cots and extra beds are free for under-12s and €70 a night for older kids; you’ll find highchairs and a kids’ menu in the restaurant. Babysitting is available for €15 an hour.
- Also The hotel – and rocky Folegandros itself – aren’t particularly suited to wheelchair users.
- Hotel closed Mid September to late May
Food and drink at Anemi Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Enjoy innovative dishes inspired by Aegean islands favourites, such as orzo with langoustines and lemon zest. The small, intimate restaurant is a slick space decorated in dark shades, in contrast to the hotel’s gleaming white exterior. It also extends outside, around the main pool.
- Dress code Relax: don’t dress up for dinner. Jeans or even shorts are fine.
- Top table Sit outside by the pool, which is lit enchantingly in the evening. Or, cosy up on the soft seating tucked away in the back of the restaurant indoors.
- Last orders Tuck into breakfast from 8.30am to 11am, and lunch or dinner until 11pm. The last drinks are poured in the restaurant and bar at 11pm
- Room service Order meals or snacks from 8.30am to 11pm.
- Hotel bar Sip a mojito with mint leaves freshly picked from the hotel’s garden in the poolside bar; there’s a lengthy cocktail list and an extensive array of whiskeys. If you’ve got any special cocktail requests, the accommodating barman George will happily go off menu.
Anemi Hotel Karavostasis, Folegandros, Folegandros, 84011
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Anemi Hotel
A welcome drink and snacks on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The spacious Junior Pool Suites are honeymooners’ heaven. There’s a large bedroom and separate living room, and you can lounge in your private pool while admiring your sweeping sea views.
Bring your camera or easel to capture scenes of the ever-changing sea and sky.
If you’re heading out to explore the island, request a lunch hamper for a perfect picnic.