Anantara Kihavah Villas
Style Breezy seaside retreat
Setting Blissful Baa Atoll
Arrive at Anantara Kihavah Villas boutique hotel in the Maldives with all the desert-island dreams you can muster – palm-dotted sands, piercing blue seas, pandering butlers, iconic dining and secluded villas – and you won't be disappointed. In fact, reality will surpass your fantasies with an underwater wine cellar, a six-suite overwater spa and, at 49 metres, one of the Maldives’ longest pools.
Need to know
- Rooms 78 villas, including several Two-bedroom Residences.
Double rooms from $1440.00, excluding tax at 18.8 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($1,440) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include international buffet breakfast at Plates. For stays from 1 January 2013, tax will increase to 18.8 per cent. Extra beds for above 12s cost US$220 a night.
- Facilities Private beaches, diving, water sports, book and DVD library, boutique, underwater wine cellar, six-villa overwater spa, hair salon, kids’ club, fitness centre, tennis courts, free WiFi, iPads and bicycles on request. In rooms: minibar, stocked wine cooler, iPod dock, flatscreen cable TV with DVD player, espresso machine, luxury toiletries, private pool.
- Poolside Languishing before Manzaru restaurant, the resort’s giant 49-metre fibre-optic-lit pool sits inches from the surf. ‘Sunshine butlers’ proffer chilled towels and exotic fruit skewers to guests lolloping on retro-style loungers and cushioned overwater jhoola swing beds.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible upon availability and a charge of 50 per cent of the day rate. Earliest check-in time, 2pm.
- Children Welcome. Baby cots are free, there’s a kids’ club and babysitting starts at US$20 an hour. More...
- Also Smoking is allowed in public areas. There is a compulsory gala dinner on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
Food and drink at Anantara Kihavah Villas
Take your pick of six stunning dining spots. Dip your toes in the sand and savour a sumptuous breakfast at seaside Plates, or tuck into delicious Mediterranean and Italian fare from the palm-speared floor of poolside Manzaru. The overwater Sea.Fire.Salt.Sky signature dining cube offers a quartet of fine gourmet choices, each displaying individual decor and unique perspectives over (and under) the cellophane-clear sea. Conical Fire whips up teppanyaki nosh from a central cooking station; Salt’s zesty Asian dishes are delivered by ‘salt sommeliers’ beneath a ginormous ceiling fan; and signature Sea excels in seasonal five-course lunch and four-course dinner menus, served in glass-walled splendour three metres below the waves.
- Dress code Crisp linen for him; billowing silk for her.
- Top table Book a window seat in Sea for oceanic submersion without getting wet. Fish float past dreamily as you dine on lobster lunches and degustation dinners, paired with the sommelier’s choice of 6,500 bottles of wine.
- Last orders Breakfast at Plates is 7am–11am; lunch at Plates and Sea is 12pm–2pm; all eateries are open for dinner 7pm–10pm. Relaxed Manzaru opens 12pm–5pm and for dinner until 11pm. Reservations for dinner (and lunch at Sea) are essential.
- Room service Extensive in-villa dining menus are available around the clock. They include à la carte breakfasts with bubbly and a smattering of dishes from each of the resort’s restaurants. Unsurprisingly, a large number of guests choose to ‘stay in’.
Manzaru, an all-day bar by the pool, is a sociable seductress lit by red tealight candles at night. Sky is a two-floor, Thai-styled overwater lounge bar with rocking chairs on a star-gazing deck. At both of these drinking dens, you can purse your lips around sommelier-selected wines, top-shelf spirits and zesty tropical cocktails. Try a Sea Siren Slush, a tongue-twisting blend of basil leaves, vanilla, lime, strawberries and vodka strained over crushed ice and then topped up with bubbly – it goes perfectly with an iconic Baa Atoll sunset but becomes trickier to say the more you sink…
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Anantara Kihavah Villas P.O. Box 2014, Kihavah Huravalhi Island, Baa Atoll, Maldives
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Anantara Kihavah Villas
Welcome fruit selection, canapés and cookies
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All of the ultra-luxe, spacious villas come with ocean-ogling beds, walk-in dressing rooms, expansive bathrooms and pearly mosaic-tiled pools. Water babes will adore the far-flung Overwater Pool Villas for their 24-hour sea TV – snorkel to the house reef from your hammock-strung terrace, bathe in blush-inducing glass-bottomed tubs or kick back in ocean-view swing seats. For land-lubbers, the Beach Pool Villas open onto their own stretch of silky sand. We love their sunken garden tubs-for-two that come with built-in wine coolers.
Bring the bare essentials – swimmers, sarongs, kaftans, linens, silks and other easygoing, breathable threads. Don’t bother with sun hats, beach bags or thongs as you’ll find these – and yoga mats – in your room. Snorkelling gear can be borrowed from the water sports centre, but if you to plan to head into the depths, be sure to pack your diving certification and log book.
Tempting minibars come with stocked wine coolers and useful extras such as sun cream, after-sun lotion and waterproof cameras. Smiling butlers assigned to each villa are on call 24 hours a day. A seamless check-in takes place in your villa, and foot massages are a standard welcome treat.