Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa
Style Thai flair, Moroccan flourish
Setting Peaceful Bophut beachside
Vibrant Koh Samui retreat Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa boasts a blissful beach and verdant gardens. Romantics will love the Moroccan-style hanging lamps shimmering light on the rich ochre walls, the come-hither infinity pool and the massage huts; families will enjoy the kids' club and golden beach.
Need to know
- Rooms 126, including 20 villas.
Double rooms from $0.03 (THB1), excluding tax at 18.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB1) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates usually include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, swimming pool, tennis courts, fitness centre, watersports, library with DVDs and CDs, kids' club, beach, concierge, WiFi throughout (at extra cost), free on-site valet parking. In rooms: flatscreen satellite TV with DVD player, minibar, own-label toiletries.
- Poolside Quirky monkey statuettes spit arcs of water into the free-form infinity pool on the beach. Swim up to the semi-submerged pool bar for a sunset happy hour cocktail then paddle over to the Jacuzzi to enjoy it in bubbly bliss.
- Check-out Midday; check-in, 2pm, both flexible subject to availability.
- Children Welcome; Anantara Bophut is family-friendly and offers a kids' club.
- Also Romance-seeking couples should note that the hotel is popular with families, thanks to its kids' club, so can get busy during school holidays.
- Hotel closed Anantara Bophut is closed for renovations from 16 April to 15 November 2013.
Food and drink at Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa
- Hotel restaurant Head to High Tide for spicy Thai dinners in a laidback modern setting. The award-winning Full Moon is a split-level alfresco Italian eatery with an imaginative approach to its recipes – the grilled lobster with gnocchi and fennel broth is a delight.
- Dress code Devil-may-care – you don’t have to.
- Top table Forget the restaurants and plump for a private seafood barbecue, served on your balcony or terrace.
- Last orders Both restaurants stop serving at 11pm, but drinks are available until 12.30am.
- Room service Each restaurant’s most popular dishes are available from room service 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar Hanging lamps and ochre walls lend Eclipse Bar an air of Moroccan-inspired mystery; the tall rattan stools and soothing soundtrack provide a tropical-style chill-out vibe. Sup a signature Samui Sling on the garden verandah while the sun sets.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa 99/9 Moo 1, Samui Island, Surat Thani, Koh Samui, 84320
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa
A welcome drink and fruit basket, 15-minute head and shoulder massage, and 10 per cent off at the Spa, restaurants and bars. Guests staying in an Anantara Suite, Royal Anantara Suite or Royal Anantara Garden Suite with Plunge Pool also get free internet.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For full-on four-poster, double-balcony, private-plunge-pool extravagance, book one of the two ground-floor Royal Suites. The Anantara Suites, overlooking the gardens, are also tempting dens. Other rooms come in two flavours: Deluxe rooms on the second and third floors have private balconies with cosy built-in sofas; Deluxe Terraces open directly onto lushly landscaped gardens. All have terrazzo bathtubs big enough for two, just a few steps from the bed and separated by a sliding teak door.
Beach gear is all you need – you’ll swelter in anything heavier.
A giant catamaran glides into Anantara Bophut every Wednesday afternoon for a not-to-be-missed cocktail cruise to Orange Island. Soak up the sunset while nibbling on a selection of tongue-pleasing hors d’oeuvres. The hotel is a haven for water-sportsmen, catering to divers, snorkellers, kayakers, anglers, sailors and windsurfers (there’s even an ex-Olympian on hand to coach the latter).
From the Guestbook…
Believe everything, Anantara's exceptional staff will treat you like royalty. The Full Moon res...more