Style Moated mediaeval retreat
Setting Scenic Sussex
Glide up the gravel drive to Amberley Castle, and you'll feel suitably period-drama as you arrive at the main gates and portcullis. Even if when it comes to hotel interiors, you can't help but line up on the side of modernist edict 'less is more', you will be appeased by the historical Sussex setting, good taste of the furnishings and incredible South Downs grounds.
Need to know
- Rooms 19.
Double rooms from $246.47 (£163), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£163) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- Facilities 12 acres of grounds, including an 18-hole putting course, tennis court, croquet.
- Check-out 11am; earliest check-in; 3pm.
- Children Over-12s welcome.
- Also No smoking in dining room or bedrooms. Two-night minimum stay at weekends.
Food and drink at Amberley Castle
- Hotel restaurant Traditional British menu with contemporary influences. Breakfast is served between 7.30am and 10am.
- Dress code No denim, even at lunchtime; jacket or tie for dinner.
- Top table In the window alcove.
- Last orders Food: 9.30pm. Bar: normal licensing hours.
- Room service Until 9.30pm.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Amberley Castle Amberley Castle, West Sussex, BN18 9LT
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Amberley Castle
A bottle of house wine on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Try and stay in the main body of the castle. Amberley has a sumptuous bed, his ’n’ hers bathrooms and a window-seat looking over the courtyard. Pevensey is intimate and has its own private door leading to the castle battlements.
Camera, book of ghost stories, tennis racket.
From the Guestbook…
We've been to the George & Dragon in Burpham, near Arundel, a number of times over the years, but not rec...more