Style Perfectly lodgical
Setting Megève’s mountain playground
Perched above Megève, Alpine hotel Alpaga takes the best of traditional chalet style, gives it a cool, modern overhaul, and throws in luxurious hotel frills such as attentive concierge service, a gastronomic restaurant and five-star spa.
Need to know
- Rooms 22, as well as five three-storey chalets with space for up to 12 people, and four apartments, sleeping up to six.
Double rooms from $323.72 (€252), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€252) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, with pool, steam room and treatment rooms; free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV.
- Check-out 10am; earliest check-in, 4pm, but both are flexible, subject to availability. Guests must arrive on Saturday or Sunday during high season (22 December to 13 January and 16 February to 17 March).
- Children Smiths of all ages are welcome. Cots and extra beds are provided free. The restaurant caters to younger palates with a kids’ menu.
- Also Pets can stay for €25 a night. Minimum seven-night stay during high season. Alpaga runs a transfer service to/from town – just ring reception when you’re ready.
- Hotel closed May, June, October, November.
Food and drink at Alpaga
At La Table de l'Alpaga, work your way through a delicious 'bistronomic' menu, accompanied by a thoughtfully crafted, largely French wine list. The surrounds are smart – the staff, friendly and efficient. Dishes such as home-made lobster ravioli with black truffles compete with the gourmet scene in town.
- Dress code Mountain casual: nobody bats an eyelid at slippers and jeans.
- Top table Near the buffet for breakfast. By night, head for the cosier left-hand side.
- Last orders Breakfast is served 7am–10.30am; lunch between noon and 3pm, and dinner from 7pm until 10pm. The bar is open all day until late.
- Room service A short menu of hot and cold dishes is available 24 hours.
The bar, located by the lobby, is open all day, and serves coffee, cognac and all strengths in between. A small menu of light dishes, sweet and savoury, is also available.
Alpaga 66 Allée des Marmousets, 74120 Megève
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Alpaga
A fruit basket for Blackmith and SilverSmith members; a bottle of champagne for GoldSmiths
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Deluxe rooms strike a happy medium in terms of space and luxury. Ask for one in the restaurant chalet (rooms 10 to 19) for the shortest hop to breakfast or dinner. Families can opt for a spacious Prestige room (which sleep two adults and a child, or three adults), two of which have mezzanines. Or request interconnecting rooms; the hotel has a pair.
Hiking boots for summer walks, ski gear in winter; giant sunglasses whatever the season. No need to bring a guidebook – the concierge has all the local knowledge you could wish for.
The hotel's La Colline spa offers a range of massage and beauty treatments, but you’ll need to book. Alpaga’s concierge can organise restaurant reservations, carriage rides and taxis, hot-air-balloon trips and ski lessons.
From the Guestbook…
Having arrived after a long car journey, we were delighted at the warm welcome and friendly staff at Alpaga. Set oh-so-scenically in Megeve, this is a place I'm so happy we visited...more