Ace Hotel & Swim Club
Style Hipster’s canyon commune
Setting South of downtown
Ace Hotel & Swim Club Palm Springs is a motel that died and went to hotel heaven. The two-storey 1960s whitewashed architecture remains, as do the bones of an old diner, but it’s been brought back to life with more than a lick of paint. Draped fabrics on the walls give a luxe campsite feel, vintage furniture makes each room unique and the ubiquitous arts and handicrafts reveal just how creative this community is. And we haven’t even started on the Swim Club…
Need to know
- Rooms 180, including 11 suites.
Double rooms from $119.00, excluding tax at 16.51 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional resort fee of $25.00 per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($119) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (US$10 each).
- Facilities Vinyl record library, spa with poolside treatments, barbershop, gym, WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, Rudy’s Barbershop bath products, iPod and MP3 docks.
- Poolside There are two outdoor pools, a Jacuzzi and hammocks to lounge around in. The pool at the Commune is quieter and more relaxed, and it has trampoline-like circular parasols (but jump on these at your peril).
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible based on availability (half-day rates apply if you check-out after 4pm). Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Welcome, but the pool party atmosphere may be best for older kids. Baby cots and extra beds can be added to rooms, and the restaurant is happy to cater to tots at any time. More...
- Also Pets are allowed for an extra US$25 a day; there’s even a park for them to play in.
Food and drink at Ace Hotel & Swim Club
- Hotel restaurant The King’s Highway was once a roadside Denny’s diner, and remains true to its roots, dishing up classic American fare (burgers, steaks, club sandwiches) with a dash of the unexpected (harissa lamb and pan-seared tilapia). It’s a casual diner setting, with toffee-coloured booths and random but entertaining performances from the old-Hollywood hostess.
- Dress code Hippie or hipster, as long as you don’t look like you’ve tried too hard.
- Top table Snag a saddle-leather corner booth so you can people-watch inside and out. On the patio, you’ll be privy to magnificent mountain views.
- Last orders Food is available all day: breakfast is 7am–11am, lunch is 11am–5pm, and dinner lasts until 10pm. As for drinks, order them in between 4pm and 2am.
- Room service Anything you like the look of on the restaurant menu can be whisked up to your room between 7am and 10pm. DIY barbecue kits can be delivered to rooms with terraces.
- Hotel bar The Amigo Room is a cavernous, old ranch-hand bar with booths around the perimeter to hide out in. The clear resin tabletops have Mexican dinero layered within. Try the King’s Highway Ale or one of the cocktails made with the freshest ingredients.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Ace Hotel & Swim Club 701 East Palm Canyone Drive, Palm Springs, Ca 92264
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Ace Hotel & Swim Club
10 per cent off rates and a glass of champagne each on arrival
Current offers at Ace Hotel & Swim Club
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Suite 335 feels like your own canyon-side apartment, with plush leather chairs and a huge bar. It’s greedy in the terrace stakes – it has one with a hammock off the bathroom, and another off the bedroom with a fireplace and picnic table. If there’s a group of you, book a Patio with Garden or Fireplace and then some of the smaller rooms on the second floor – you’ll have a party pad with living space and somewhere for everyone to crash afterwards. Be sure to book a room away from the pool if you want a quiet sleep.
Your guitar for fireside strumming; your old LPs to stick on the old record player if you’ve booked into a Patio room or above.
The fabulous ‘Swim Club’ of the hotel’s name consists of two pools, a hot tub, a spa with a steam room and sauna, and assorted massage yurts – plenty to keep you happy for at least a day.