45 Park Lane
Style Deco and debonair
Setting Majestic Mayfair
45 Park Lane hotel in London leaves nothing to chance, wowing its visitors with a beefy Wolfgang Puck restaurant, a gallery’s worth of British art (including 16 panels by Damien Hirst), and glossy, glamorous Thierry W Despont-designed interiors. Then there’s the enviable address – guests get to wake up to leafy Hyde Park and moneyed Mayfair.
Need to know
- Rooms 45, including 11 suites and one penthouse.
Double rooms from $675.02 (£445), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£445) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Breakfast isn’t included (choose from cooked, Continental or à la carte, with dishes ranging from £5 to £25).
- Facilities Gym, library, stash of DVDs, cinema room (which can be booked for parties and events), free WiFi throughout. In rooms: iPad, iPod dock, flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, minibar.
- Check-out 12 noon but flexible, subject to availability and a charge (half the room rate until 4pm).
- Children Little Smiths can come too. Cots are free, as are extra beds for 12-year-olds and under, babysitting with a nanny can be arranged (£10 an hour; minimum four hours), and the restaurant has a menu designed for junior palates (there's also room service).
- Also Take a couple of the hotel’s Brompton bicycles with you to the park (they’re free for guests to borrow).
Food and drink at 45 Park Lane
Acclaimed Austrian chef Wolfgang Puck has enjoyed considerable success Stateside with his various ventures: Spago, Cut, Chinois and Trattoria de Lupo among them. His steak is the stuff of meaty dreams; his seafood is beyond reproach. Sample both here, in the hotel’s glittering, red-gold European outpost of Cut. Forget steakhouse decor: metallic-puff lights, glossy marble floors and heavy draped curtains set the tone.
- Dress code City sophisticate: we spotted three pairs of Louboutins in as many minutes. The men are slick and suited, the women frocked and coiffed.
- Top table Sit by the window to watch Londoners at your leisure; corner tables are more private.
- Last orders Wet your whistle at the bar between 12 noon and 1.30am. The restaurant is open until 11pm (10.30pm on Sundays and public holidays).
- Room service The impressive room service menu spans all three meals, is available 24 hours, and includes items such as oxtail bouillon with bone marrow dumplings, Wagyu six-ounce steak, and dark chocolate and whisky cake.
The mood in Bar 45, a lipstick-red corner of the hotel, is relaxed: a pleasant burble of conversation rises against the understated pop and chill-out tracks. If you’re hungry/tipsy, order some light bites from the bar menu, which features fashionable fodder such as rough cuts, mini kobe sliders and Reuben sandwiches stuffed with house-smoked pastrami. The Bloody Marys are exemplary.
45 Park Lane 45 Park Lane, Mayfair, London, W1K 1PN
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at 45 Park Lane
A bottle of wine selected by the head sommelier
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For the best views of London, book one of the Deluxe Kings, which count floor-to-ceiling windows among their charms. The Executive Queen rooms are perched on the corner on the building, so have a double dose of London lookouts. For the most princely of stays, book the opulent Penthouse Suite and toast the city from your terrace.
Picnic hamper for the park; Marni for Mayfair; gym togs for the running machine.
The hotel has a fleet of nimble-knuckled beauty therapists armed with Aromatherapy Associates products. Try the signature 45 Park Lane Experience, a 45-minute full-body treatment including an exfoliation and massage. Alternatively, order a bath ritual for £20. A therapist will nip in, fairy-like, to fill your tub with an oil of your choice (deep relax, de-stress muscle, jet-lag remedy and so on), light a candle and provide a herbal tea to match the mood.