21212 Restaurant with Rooms
Style Grand Georgian
Setting Behind Calton Hill
21212 hotel is a regal and refined restaurant with rooms in Edinburgh, where grand Georgian design meets its match in the kitchen. Awarded a Michelin star within eight months of opening, the restaurant’s chefs cook up a storm behind a perspex screen. Interiors are spacious and serene, perfect to return to, post-indulgence in the dining room.
Need to know
- Rooms Four.
Double rooms from $188.68 (£125), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£125) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, and Elemis bath products, iPod dock, CD/DVD player and free bottled water in rooms.
- Check-out 12pm. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Children over six are welcome in the restaurant but there’s no special menu.
- Also If you plan to eat at 21212, be sure to reserve your table along with your room – they fill up fast, and the hotel doesn't necessarily give priority to guests.
- Hotel closed Please note that 21212 restaurant is closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Food and drink at 21212 Restaurant with Rooms
- Hotel restaurant The restaurant is the star of the show – 21212 is named after its menu structure (three courses where you get two choices, two where you get one). The chefs get to work behind a perspex screen (on show from the elegant, chandelier-enhanced dining room), whipping up deconstructed dishes with a different taste per mouthful; the lamb curry consists of braised flank, kebab and Merquez sausage, with banana and cucumber confit, currants and peanuts, celeriac and sticky rice coleslaw, basil leaves, saffron, and yoghurt and onion soubise sauce. You know what they say about variety.
- Dress code It’d be rude not to scrub up. This is a destination restaurant in a listed building, after all.
- Top table If there’s a big group of you (up to 10), book out the grand dining room on the first floor. Smaller groups of six or so can opt for the Pod, a cosy, circular space with a dramatic digital Caravaggio print for wallpaper.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 8am until 10.30am; lunch is 12pm until 1.45pm; dinner is 7pm until 9.30pm.
- Room service No food, but drinks can be delivered to bedrooms.
- Hotel bar The bar is in the upstairs Drawing Room, a sumptuous space with high ceilings and luxurious furnishings, perfect for pre- or post-dinner drinks.
21212 Restaurant with Rooms 3 Royal Terrace, Edinburgh, EH7 5AB
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at 21212 Restaurant with Rooms
A glass of champagne each with dinner
Current offers at 21212 Restaurant with Rooms
Offers at 21212 Restaurant with Rooms
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Decisions should be based on varying penchants for bathrooms and views. Rooms on the third floor come with huge Spanish showers, sturdy egg-shaped bath tubs and twin sinks. (Opt for either a view of the garden or the Firth of Forth.) The two bedrooms on the fourth floor come with wet rooms.
A refined palate for some serious taste sensations; binoculars to take up Calton Hill and admire the city’s sights close up. Leave your bagpipes at home and be serenaded by the experts instead.
From the Guestbook…
The hotel is perfectly placed for enjoying Edinburgh but on a quiet street so you can't hear the hustle and bustle of the city from your room. We stayed in room number one, which w...more