Style Victoriana with an African twist
Setting Kloof Street central
'Well-positioned' by name and by nature, Welgelegen – a boutique B&B – offers rooms that lean towards basic, but having such homeliness a minute’s walk from all the bars and restaurants on trendy Kloof Street is a real treat.
Need to know
- Rooms 13: one mini deluxe; four deluxe; eight superior.
Double rooms from AU$90.19 (ZAR833), excluding tax at 14 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (ZAR833) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Plunge pool, satellite TV, air-conditioning, massages on request.
- Check-out 11am but flexible, subject to availability.
- Children Two of the superior rooms sleep up to three or four guests; family superiors have up to four beds. There’s a baby cot for use in any of the rooms. A R200 charge for children of six and older applies. Babysitting is charged at R30–R40 an hour. More...
Food and drink at Welgelegen
Only breakfast: a buffet of juices, fresh fruit, cheeses, cold meats, yoghurt, home-made cereals and bread, plus cooked specialities (we loved the French toast).
- Dress code Wear whatever you feel relaxed in.
- Top table Breakfast can be served on your private terrace.
- Room service Not available.
Complimentary port is served each evening in the dining room from 5pm.
Welgelegen 6 Stephen Street, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Welgelegen
A bottle of wine or port on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Most superiors have balcony/terrace/mountain view. 1 is romantic, with fireplace and large oval bath. 5 is cosy, overlooking the plunge pool and Table Mountain. 6 has a mountain view from the bed. 8 is large and sunny with a large balcony and wrought-iron bed. The passages in Welgelegen aren’t carpeted and the exposed wooden flooring of the old house magnifies the noise. If you’re a light sleeper, an upstairs room is your best bet.
A pashmina or light sweater for when the wind gets up. Shoes that combine chic and comfort – you’ll want to walk to bars and restaurants by night.
Welgelegen has a treatment room with massages, manicures and other therapies on offer; book in advance.
From the Guestbook…
Charming guest house in central Cape Town, very comfortable, and friendly staff. Great breakfast and we also liked the afternoon drinks. Views of Table Mountain from our deluxe roo...more