Villa dei D'Armiento
Style Majolica-filled manor
Setting Sant'Agnello seaside
Once the home of nobility, Villa dei D’Armiento hotel near Sorrento has had its former glory restored with Murano glass chandeliers, rare earthenware jars and Vietri majolica tiling. Arty and antique-filled, this 18th-century residence is a stroll from the sea.
Need to know
- Rooms Seven, including three suites.
Double rooms from AU$265.76 (€200), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€200) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include a buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Gardens, free WiFi throughout, ping-pong table. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar. Tour guides, and bike, motorbike, boat and car hire can be organised by the hotel.
- Poolside The pool is set in the gardens, surrounded by dark wooden sunloungers, palm-trees and decking.
- Check-out 11am. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Little ones are welcome. Extra beds (€50 a night) can be added to larger rooms, and cots are free. There's a children’s menu in the restaurant. Babysitting with a local nanny costs €20. There’s a lifeguard on duty between 9am and 6pm.
- Also No pets. In-room massages and other treatments can be arranged.
Food and drink at Villa dei D'Armiento
There’s no formal dining room, but the staff will happily whip you up a sandwich or salad in the kitchen. This homely room overlooks the garden and is brightly coloured with majolica tiles and handmade local ceramics. In the park, there’s a traditional pizza oven and a barbecue ready to feed hungry guests.
- Dress code Riff on the decor with all-white and flashes of gem-coloured accessories.
- Top table Ask nicely and you’ll be able to eat lunch or dinner at a table set up in the garden.
- Last orders Breakfast is from 8am until 10.30; after that, there’s always someone on hand in or around the kitchen.
- Room service Light meals and snacks are available 24 hours a day.
There is no bar as such, but mix yourself a Campari and soda or open a beer or bottle of wine whenever you’d like, thanks to the honesty bar in the kitchen.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Villa dei D'Armiento 79 Corso Marion Crawford, Sant'Agnello di Sorrento, 80065
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Villa dei D'Armiento
A small bottle of limoncello in room, and a drink each on arrival; SilverSmith and GoldSmith members will also get prosecco or wine in their room
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All of the rooms have a fresh, bright green and white colour palette, but we especially love the Terrace Room at the top – it has a view of Vesuvius, courtesy of its eponymous, enormous rooftop, and can only be reached by a private lift.
Leave room in your case to take home some of the huge lemons in the garden – the Sorrento version happens to be grapefruit-size.
The hotel is in an acre-big park, home to an outdoor art gallery and regular exhibitions.