Style Quartet of Georgian townhouses
Setting Heart of historic Bath
From the restaurant’s easily navigable wine list to the staff’s whisky tasting tips, the service at this Bath boutique hotel has been streamlined to make you feel as welcome as possible. For many guests, Queensberry Hotel is not just a hotel but a habit.
Need to know
- Rooms 29, including two Junior Suites and one Four-poster Suite.
Double rooms from AU$168.55 (£108), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£108) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Continental breakfast is an extra £10 a person, £15 for full English (you can get two full Englishes for £25, if you arrange when booking).
- Facilities Terrace gardens, free WiFi in public areas. In-room amenities: flatscreen TV, CD player and DAB radio, Vi-Spring beds, White Company toiletries.
- Check-out 11.30am, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Are welcome – there are even activity packs and child-sized bathrobes for youngsters. Cots can be provided free and extra beds cost an extra £25 a night. Babysitting should be booked a day in advance and costs from £7.50 an hour.
- Also Valet parking is available for £5 per stay.
Food and drink at Queensberry Hotel
At the Olive Tree restaurant, chef Nick Brodie sources seasonal and local ingredients to create a mouthwatering menu, which marries continental influences with Asian flourishes. Starters such as Yuzu marinated squab pigeon with green mango salad, and Dorset scallops with braised gem lettuce, smoked bacon and marjoram, seem particularly inventive. If you reserve a table for dinner at the same time as booking the hotel, you’ll get 10 per cent off the bill.
- Dress code Up for dinner, down for drinks.
- Top table Nab a banquette in the corner.
- Last orders You can order in the Olive Tree until 10pm.
- Room service A variety of dishes from the restaurant menu are available between 12pm and 10pm. Sandwiches and drinks are available at other times.
Drinks are available throughout the hotel’s lounges and there’s a selection of spirits available on an honesty basis.
Queensberry Hotel 4–7 Russel Street, Bath, BA1 2QF
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Queensberry Hotel
A bottle of prosecco
Current offers at Queensberry Hotel
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The spacious Junior Suites (rooms 7 and 8) were originally the townhouses’ drawing rooms and have original Georgian plasterwork and ornate fireplaces. We also like rooms 20 and 21. Numbers 22 and 24 have inspiring views of bath’s rooftops and room 6 has a lovely high ceiling.
No trip to Bath could be complete without dabbling in Jane Austen. Settle into one of the Queensberry’s many nooks and niches with a copy of Mansfield Park.
Owner Laurence Beere is a big whisky fan – and happy to share his taste. There’s a mighty selection of artisan brands in the lounge and all staff are brimming with connoisseur’s tips.