Oceana Beach Club Hotel
Style All things bright and beautiful
Setting Parkside Ocean Avenue
The Oceana Beach Club Hotel epitomises the sunny optimism and happy-go-lucky charm of SoCal’s surf crowd: it’s bold, bright, sociable, carefree, and its natural home is by the sea. The rooms are big, the vibe is ultra laid-back and there’s quirky retro colour in every corner. Welcome to the Gold Coast!
Need to know
- Rooms 70, including 58 suites.
Double rooms from AU$364.64 ($355), excluding tax at 14 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of $29.00 per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($355) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (US$25).
- Facilities Gym, swimming pool, free WiFi, laundry, valet parking (US$36). In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, minibar, Frette linens, blackout blinds, air-conditioning, Aveda toiletries.
- Poolside The heated outdoor pool in the central courtyard is an elongated heart shape and is surrounded by curvy rattan sunloungers.
- Check-out 12 noon, but flexible subject to availability; late check-outs (up to 6pm) are charged at half the daily rate. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Welcome – Oceana Beach Club Hotel is a good choice for families: rollaway beds can be provided (US$50 a night); Lanai Suites have sofabeds, some can be interconnected, and one has a kitchenette. More...
- Also Massages and treatments are on offer, either in your room or at recommended local spas and salons – just ask the hotel’s clued-up concierge to hook you up.
- Hotel closed Never.
Food and drink at Oceana Beach Club Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Like a light, bright beach club, the Ocean Lounge restaurant serves up a fresh, seasonal mix of Californian cuisine, putting a sophisticated twist on the classics – hamachi carpaccio, pizza arrabiata or gruyere and gran padano cheese burgers, for example. The poolside menu features taste temptations from lobster rolls and salads to hot dogs.
- Dress code Totally relaxed: think colourful casuals from Lilly Pulitzer and Lacoste.
- Top table Nab a table by the enormous picture window and watch the world go by on Ocean Avenue.
- Last orders The restaurant is open from 7am to 11pm; the bar whizzes up its final toasted-marshmallow milkshake at 11pm.
- Room service The full restaurant menu is (unfortunately for dieters) available in rooms from 7am until 11pm. After that, you’ll have to raid your minibar for liquid refreshment.
- Hotel bar The Ocean Lounge poolside bar is a bona fide cocktail cabana with a super-imaginative menu of tipples. We love the booze-infused milkshakes and Mexican-flavour cocktails: try a Sugar Cane Horchata, a cold Michelada (beer with lime juice on the rocks), or deliciously refreshing Poolside Lemonade (Citron vodka with watermelon ice).
Oceana Beach Club Hotel 849 Ocean Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90403
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Oceana Beach Club Hotel
Breakfast for two on each morning of your stay and a welcome drink when you arrive
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All rooms are generously sized and have similarly sunny, bright decor, but it goes without saying that the Suites are bigger (and better), with additional TVs, games tables and masses of space. Rooms and Suites on the Ocean View side of the hotel are larger than their courtyard-facing counterparts, with splendid views of the Pacific. Signature Ocean View Suites on the top floor have the lot: deep soaking tubs, rainfall shower heads, private balconies, and enough room to throw your own cocktail party in.
This is California, so itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny bikinis and massive, giant oversized sunglasses are an absolute must. Although you might want to bring some sturdier swimwear if you plan on surfing (string bikinis + heavy surf = instant nudity).
Leave your weighty beach reads behind, and pick up one of the books lining the shelves of your bedroom instead – more room to pack that shopping in on the way home. You can rent bicycles just steps from the hotel, so bring something comfy to wear if you like the idea of cycling through Palisades Park and along the promenade to Santa Monica Pier. During the summer, the pool has dedicated hosts, who're more than happy to supply guests with iPads, iPods, sun cream, magazines and ice-creams on Saturday. They’ll also take you down to the beach in one of the cruisers waiting out front, equipped with packed-up towels, games and picnics.