Style Boutique bed and breakfast
Setting Rural Pyrenean foothills
A boutique bed and breakfast with just five elegant rooms, Le Trésor offers the warmest welcome in the heart of the Aude. A vintage maison de maître on the edge of Sonnac-sur-l’Hers, the little hotel has beautiful terrace gardens to while away hammock-swaying afternoons, and home-from-home comforts in one of France’s most unspoilt wine regions.
Need to know
- Rooms Four, including one suite.
Double rooms from AU$106.41 (€79), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€79) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (from €5). You can rent the whole house on a self-catering basis.
- Facilities Library, DVD/CD selection, free WiFi in the central area (rooms 1–3), laundry (€8 a wash). In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, White Company linen, L’Occitane toiletries.
- Check-out Midday, but guests can linger longer in the house itself if they wish.
- Children Kids older than two cost €20 a night. La Trésor is best suited to babies – there’s a steriliser, changing mats and a cot available (request in advance). Rooms 1 and 5 have separate bedrooms suitable for children. Baby monitors work in all rooms.
- Also An in-house massage therapist is at hand from mid July to September to soothe and relax guests using a range of organic essential oils. Rubdowns start at €35.
- Hotel closed January–March (but you can book the whole house during this period).
Food and drink at Le Trésor
- Hotel restaurant Breakfast is particularly special, with fresh fruits, yoghurts, muesli and warm, fluffy croissants from the village boulangerie. At the weekend, Tilly the owner can prepare delightful dinners with a day's notice – on Sunday too.
- Dress code Loose and leisurely.
- Top table Breakfast alfresco at one of the bistro tables in Le Trésor’s lush and leafy terraced gardens.
- Last orders Breakfast is served until 11am every day.
- Hotel bar The honesty bar in the lounge is packed with local vintages, soft drinks and spirits. There’s plenty of books and magazines to leaf through, and a pool table on hand too.
Le Trésor 20 Place de l'Eglise, 11230 Sonnac-sur-l'Hers
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Le Trésor
A bottle of local wine
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Room 1, the two-bedroom suite, is the hotel’s largest, with a generous main bedroom and a baby blue sofa bed for sleepy kids or cosy DVD-fuelled evenings. It’s the only room with Sky TV (the others are DVD player-only), and also the only one with a freestanding roll-top bath. Room 2 is the smallest, but it’s bright and airy, with cool terracotta tiles, a gorgeous marble fireplace and an addictive leather armchair, ideal for thumbing through a novel. Room 4, a large double, overlooks the sleepy village square. In the oldest part of the house, the new Cottage Suite boasts romantic views across the hills.
Bring your skiing gear if you’re visiting in winter – the slopes of the Pyrenees are just half an hour away.
Le Trésor is an ideal base for weekend hen parties, and runs a variety of activity programmes, from the strenuous to the soporific, including husky riding, skiing, rafting, and beauty treatments.