Lagació Hotel Mountain Residence
Style Chalet-chic apartments
Setting Deep in the Dolomites
Want to feel lavished in luxe but still set your own rules? In the glacial paradise of San Cassiano, Lagació Hotel Mountain Residence’s 24 elegant, fully stocked apartments combine privacy and pampering with concierge-enhanced adventure.
Need to know
- Rooms 24 suites.
Double rooms from AU$257.90 (€195), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€195) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast and shuttle rides to and from the Alta Badia ski resort..
- Facilities Ski shop; ski room with boot dryer; spa with treatment rooms, saunas, crushed-ice well and fitness room; free WiFi throughout. In rooms: kitchenette (refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, Nespresso machine); balcony; flatscreen TV; hairdryer; felt bag containing bathrobes, towels and slippers.
- Check-out 11am; later check-out may be possible, but there’s a day’s charge. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children The apartment-style lodging is ideal for families – cots or extra beds are €15; €50 for over-threes. Claraia, Daonella and the Ammonite suite have two bedrooms. Babysitting can be arranged. More...
- Also The hotel is wheelchair accessible throughout; Suite Daonella is specially adapted for mobility-impaired guests.
- Hotel closed 15 April to 2 June and 15 October to 1 December 2012.
Food and drink at Lagació Hotel Mountain Residence
A ‘best of’ breakfast buffet spread highlighting the region’s freshest natural fare is laid out in the Stube, a set of three rooms all panelled in reclaimed wood; throw your five dailies into the noisy juicer. Although only breakfast is served by the hotel, guests can arrange outside chefs to come in and cater.
- Dress code Post-slopes comfort: designer denim and casual cashmere.
- Top table Aim for a table by the floor-to-ceiling windows, to make the most of the light and elbow room.
- Last orders The bar and restaurant close at 11pm.
- Room service Order up cheese, cured meats, cakes, toast and pie until 11pm. Select organic goodies (including baby food) and supplies from the hotel’s in-house list two weeks before you arrive; the groceries will be left in your kitchen.
Begin the day with a couple of coffees in the slate-floored, terracotta-walled Lagació Bar, before hitting the slopes or hiking the hills in summer. Return in the evening for potent mountain aperitifs and the sounds of jazz fusion; in winter, there are hearty organic South Tyrolean bar snacks available on request.
Lagació Hotel Mountain Residence Via Micura de Rue 48, San Cassiano, Dolomiti, 39030
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Lagació Hotel Mountain Residence
Welcome drinks; 10 per cent off spa treatments; and a 10 per cent discount on equipment and rentals from the hotel’s Alta Badia ski shop (altabadiaskirental.com).
Current offers at Lagació Hotel Mountain Residence
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Marvel at the Dolomites from the comfort of east-facing Claraia’s sleek couch. Honeymooners should book Bellerophon, which has a terrace running the length of the apartment and Lagazuoi mountain views. Ammonite has a seductive leather-upholstered bed, an open fireplace in its living room and a Kneipp shower.
Layered thermals to take on your alpine adventures. With these mountain views, a camera is obligatory.
Each suite has its own natural drinking-water fountain, fed by a spring. The reviving La Palsa spa offers facials, massages (some using honey and chocolate), Ayurvedic therapies and body peels.