Kube Hotel St Tropez
Style Palm-fringed party pad
Setting Hip St Tropez hilltop
Sitting atop a hillside on the coast road above St Tropez, Kube Hotel’s white walls, glossed with glass, shimmer a sugar-cubed minimalism that’s Miami cool. This boutique hotel embodies St Tropez’s party spirit, with two bars, stylish rooms and a wow-factor pool. The hotel has sprawling grounds to explore, up in the hills near the jasmine-scented mediaeval village of Gassin.
Need to know
- Rooms 41, including 10 suites.
Double rooms from AU$346.73 (€248), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.65 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€248) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (from €25).
- Facilities Spa, gardens, gym, DVD/CD library. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, integrated DVD/CD player and minibar.
- Poolside A gargantuan swimming pool carved from grey marble occupies an impressive stretch of the grassy lawn, surrounded by soft grey decking. There’s also a smaller pool in the courtyard area.
- Check-out Noon, but flexible subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 4pm.
- Children All ages are welcome: cots are provided free; extra beds for €75 and there is a babysitting service for €18 an hour.
- Also Pets can stay for €40 a day and there are outdoor smoking areas.
- Hotel closed Mid November to 25 January.
Food and drink at Kube Hotel St Tropez
As sleek, white and modern as the rest of the hotel, with a feature wall of brown and white Tetris-style tiles, Kube restaurant is a contemporary space in which to linger under ice cube-like pendant lights over reinventions of French classics whipped up in the open industrial-chic kitchen.
- Dress code Pucci, Gucci, Lady Ga-Ga (if you must) – Kube can take whatever your wardrobe can throw at it; Mr Smith should think sharp-suit-no-tie Clooney in Ocean’s Eleven.
- Top table Maintain the romance with a table away from the pan-clanking open kitchen.
- Last orders Breakfast is available until a hangover-friendly 1pm, with the option to chain-feed straight into lunch (12pm–4pm). Dinner is served from 7pm–11pm.
- Room service A light menu of sandwiches, pasta and burgers can be mustered 24/7.
Start with sundowners at the podium Martini Bar, then proceed to the stylishly cool Skybar on the roof for a DJ-soundtracked drink against a backdrop of pine tree-feathered hills with gull’s-eye views over the swimming pools, lawns and bay of St Tropez beyond.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Kube Hotel St Tropez Route de Saint-Tropez, 83580 St Tropez
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Kube Hotel St Tropez
A bottle of wine from the hotel's cellar
Offers at Kube Hotel St Tropez
In the know
Our favourite rooms
In terms of design flourishes and sleek minimalist furniture, all rooms are created equal at Kube, classified purely by their size (S, M, L, XL, etc). Request a corner room for an adjacent pair of French windows and pool views. Room 223 (L) has Ligne Roset mini rocking chairs and a monochrome mosaic-clad bath. Room 226 (XL) has enough room to swing a panther in, plus breathtaking sea views. Families should request rooms either in the ‘400’ range or the B building, in the quieter, rear courtyard.
Binoculars for bay-watching the yachts from the hotel deck; a copy of F Scott Fitzgerald’s Riviera-set The Beautiful and Damned.
Kube runs free shuttles to and from downtown St Tropez.
From the Guestbook…
Maison Blanche is a great pit stop for a stylish pre dinner cocktail with 'chilled beats' background music - though beware - they are long measures'Joseph' has 3 eateri...more