Style Toile de Jouy, tant de joie
Setting Hidden in Roman Nîmes
This boutique hotel in Nîmes is a tranquil oasis, secluded and yet set in the heart of the town. From the songbirds in the walled garden and the paraphernalia carefully placed in the communal areas to the individual styling of the bedrooms, every detail of Jardins Secrets has been considered to create a romantic atmosphere.
Need to know
- Rooms 14, including seven suites.
Double rooms from AU$270.70 (€206), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€206) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, €25.
- Facilities Spa with hammam, gardens, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, bottled water.
- Poolside The heated outdoor pool is set in the pretty walled garden.
- Check-out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Cots can be supplied for €40, extra beds for €80. You’ll have to bring your own babysitter, though, and remind youngsters to be respectful of the many delicate objets d’arts and pindrop-peaceful gardens.
- Also For €40, you can pack your pet. As though the hotel weren’t relaxing enough, the diminutive but magnificent Source des Secrets spa offers Chinese, Japanese and ayurvedic massages by the plunge pool.
Food and drink at Jardins Secrets
- Hotel restaurant The only official meal here is the first of the day – but, goodness, does their cake-baking, confiture-conjuring kitchen go to town. Breakfast can be served in any of the hotel’s salons, or outside.
- Dress code Refined, relaxed and a little bit dashing.
- Top table Secure a spot on the terrace in the walled garden, among the birdcages and bougainvillea.
- Room service You can request drinks in your room, as well as cheese or charcuterie platters.
- Hotel bar Beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks can be brought to you by staff in the antique-filled, trompe-l’oeil salon, until 2am.
Jardins Secrets 3 rue Gaston Maruejols, 30000 Nîmes
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Jardins Secrets
A bottle of rosé wine
In the know
Our favourite rooms
With its green and purple colour scheme, stained-glass window by the bath and over-the-top chandeliers, the bold decor of Alick sets our hearts aflutter. Jannette feels lighter and brighter, with eggshell and black tones, and musical notation adorning the lampshades and long curtains. Both look out over the cloister. Double deluxe Grisailles (named for its 18th-century chiaroscuro painting) and junior suite L’Orangerie have garden views.
Classicists and Roman architecture enthusiasts will be in their element. Nîmes is littered with relics and ruins from the empire’s glory days, such as the amphitheatre, the Maison Carré temple, and the awe-evoking Pont du Gard, a drive out of town. Fashion-trivialists will already know how the city’s signature fabric, serge de Nîmes, gave its name to a certain workwear fabric…