Style Relaxing residential retreat
Setting Buzzing barrio
Home Hotel is an eco-design dream of a boutique hotel, based in a simple ivy-entwined structure in residential Buenos Aires. Each room is kitted out in vintage floral wallpapers and with retro Scandinavian furniture. Staying here is an open-air adventure; an outdoor passageway leads you to the restaurant overlooking the gorgeous grounds. There’s no place like it.
Need to know
- Rooms 20, including four suites.
Double rooms from AU$179.75 ($175), excluding tax at 21 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($175) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, CD/DVD and book library, free WiFi everywhere except the spa, and in-room spa and beauty treatments. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock and Home’s home-made bath products.
- Poolside There’s a heated pool outside in the secluded garden, with decking and trademark floral sunloungers.
- Check-out 11.30am (5pm if you pay for an extra half day). Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Cots for babies are free. Babysitting can be arranged (ask when booking if possible). Children are welcome in the restaurant all day. More...
Food and drink at Home Hotel
- Hotel restaurant The resident bistro takes on classic Latin American dishes such as huevos rancheros (fried eggs with corn tortillas and chilli sauce) and bistec a caballo (steak with fries and a fried egg) with considerable aplomb. The decor features more Scandinavian simplicity – wooden tables, white chairs and rounded garden seating.
- Dress code Hemp dresses and cotton shirts to feel as natural as your surroundings.
- Top table Eat in the lusciously wild garden or take your cocktails poolside.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 8am until 11am; lunch is midday right up to 4pm; dinner is early for the city – 8pm to 10.30pm. The bar stays open from 8am until midnight.
- Room service A selection of sandwiches and snacks can be ordered between 8am and midnight, with a limited menu available throughout the night.
- Hotel bar Hang around for a mojito or Pisco Sour made by master mixer, Daniel Biber – Argentina’s best barman in 2009, apparently. The owner is a DJ and record producer, so listen out for some selective acid house soundtracks.
Home Hotel Honduras 5860, Buenos Aires, Argentina, C1414BNJ
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Home Hotel
A welcome cocktail and 20 per cent off in the spa
Current offers at Home Hotel
Offers at Home Hotel
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Be seasonal in your selection – in winter, go for the Poolside Suite, for the wood-burning fireplace out on the sunlounger-scattered terrace. It’s also a historical heavyweight – it has a 1968 George Nelson desk and chair, and some original French wallpaper from 1926. In summer, you want the Garden Suite – it has a rooftop terrace with sunloungers and small pool, and vintage Scandinavian furniture. Both suites have Jacuzzis and their own private entrances from the garden.
This is the city’s media district, so fill your case with geeky specs, high-top trainers and graphic-print T-shirts.
The cosy, all-natural spa uses the hotel’s own range of products. It’s open daily between 8.30am and 9.30pm for a whole range of treatments, including massages using techniques from India, Thailand and California.