Domes of Elounda
Style Perfectly rounded resort
Setting Peaceful Mirabello Bay
Domes of Elounda hotel in Crete is a high-flying retreat with secluded suites, a glittering spa and shrubbery-studded grounds. There’s also a choice of three restaurants, smooth-edged architecture and the hotel’s own patch of beach. The simple lines are given an exotic touch from the Moorish additions – fretwork screens, silver basins and mirrored furniture.
Need to know
- Rooms 90, including 78 suites.
Double rooms from AU$454.23 (€322), excluding tax at 23 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€322) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include an American buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, small gym, library, free WiFi and tennis courts. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, minibar, free bottled water, Coco-Mat mattresses and Clarins bath products.
- Poolside There are two saltwater pools, one indoors, one out, and a beach. The main pool is just below reception, with views over to Spinalonga and the bay. The strip of beach is lined with olive trees and wooden decking.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Exceedingly welcome. There’s room for cots and extra beds in all of the rooms. A local nanny can be drafted in with a day’s notice for €12 an hour. More...
Food and drink at Domes of Elounda
There are three to pick from, two of which (Tholos and Topos 1910) are manned by the country’s only Michelin-starred chef, Lefteri Lazarou. Tholos is buffet restaurant in the main dining room. Topos 1910 is a decked promontory leading out to sea for fine-dining under a twinkling sky. Anthos is by the beach, an open-air space with shady trees and crisp linens, where guests swap inventive haute cuisine for grilled thyme-infused Cretan sausages and lobster tagliatelle.
- Dress code Grecian god and goddess: loose, luxurious, linen-based outfits with a glint of gold.
- Top table As far out to sea as you can get at Topos 1910; up on the terrace rather than the beach at Anthos for the best breezes.
- Last orders Breakfast is available all the way from 6am until 11am; lunch is on offer between 12pm and 3pm; sit down for dinner between 7pm and 8pm. The bar is open until 1am.
- Room service An abridged selection is available at any time of day or night.
The bar area extends from reception with huge windows showcasing Spinalonga and the sea. The low white sofas, glimmering chandeliers, gleaming marble and stylish neutrals make it glamorously relaxed. A glass of chilled Cretan white is the perfect refreshment.
Domes of Elounda Elounda, Crete, Greece, Crete, Greece, 72053
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Domes of Elounda
A Thermae Experience for two in the spa; for guests staying seven nights or more, a three-course dinner
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For the most private of stays, opt for the multi-roomed Domes Private Residence, which has a whirlpool bath tub, fireplace-, X-Box- and PlayStation-toting living room and use of the club car.
All the glitters might not be gold but anything Midas-pleasing will look a treat with your Cretan tan.
The sumptuous spa is decked out with metallic mosaics, lavish treatment rooms and a hair salon.