Château les Merles
Style Neoclassical winery
Setting Bergerac's route des vins
Château les Merles near Bergerac has a pool, tennis courts and golf course. Enjoy Perigordine cuisine in the hotel's restaurants and try wines from the château's own vineyards.
Need to know
- Rooms 15, including two suites and one apartment.
Double rooms from AU$142.39 (€108), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €0.22 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€108) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€15 for adults; €6.50 for under-12s; free for under-6s).
- Facilities Treatment rooms, swimming pool, restaurants, bar, tennis court, nine-hole golf course, bicycle hire, playground, gardens, DVD library, free WiFi throughout.
- Poolside Outdoor pool, sunbathing patio with sleek black parasols open 9am–8pm.
- Check-out 11am, but late check-out is sometimes available.
- Children Warmly welcomed. Pre-booked day-care facilities are available. An extra bed is €20.
- Also The apartment must be booked for a minimum of three nights. Dogs are welcome, for €15 a night.
Food and drink at Château les Merles
La Bruyère Blanche at Château les Merles serves excellent New Périgordine cuisine, with a strong emphasis on fresh and seasonal local ingredients. The château sources all its wines locally in the Bergerac region.
- Dress code Country chic: informal with a splash of style.
- Top table Out in the courtyard on a summer’s evening.
- Last orders Drinks are served in the Bistrot until midnight; food is available all day, with lunch and dinner menus served 12 noon to 2.30pm and 6.30pm (7pm in winter) to 10pm respectively. At La Bruyère Blanc, last orders for lunch is 1.30pm, and 9.30pm for dinner.
- Room service Breakfast is available between 8.30am and 10am. An imaginative ‘world food’ menu is available between 10.30am and 7pm.
The Bistrot is an informal lounge bar with a menu of tasty and unfussy dishes. You can try wines from the château’s own vineyards, as well as a large selection of renowned local wines.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Château les Merles Tuilières, 24520 Mouleydier
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Château les Merles
A free glass of champagne, a selection of regional amuses bouches and a bottle of wine from the vineyards of Château les Merles
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Suite 7 is spacious and has a fine view over the Dordogne valley. Suite 8 has high ceilings, classical styling and views over the swimming pool and golf course.
The château has a tennis court and a narrow and challenging nine-hole golf course (you can borrow clubs). Horse riding can be organised with the local stables.