Style Classic colonial boutique
Setting Heritage heartland
Seamlessly spread across three World Heritage-listed residences (and a street), 3 Nagas radiates charm and character from every historic corner. Located in the heart of Luang Prabang’s Old Quarter, its rooms are lovingly decorated in period furnishings, many with balconies to witness the snaking symphony of saffron that is the local monks seeking alms.
Need to know
- Rooms 15 rooms, including three suites.
Double rooms from AU$108.89 ($103), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($103) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, library, gardens. In rooms: minibar, free bottled water, Spirit of Nature organic toiletries, terrace or veranda.
- Check-out Midday, although later check-outs to 5pm can be arranged at a cost of 50 per cent of the room fee. Check-in, 2pm.
- Children There are no cots for infants, but extra beds for older children cost US$36 a night. Babysitting is available, for US$5 an hour, with 24 hours notice. More...
- Also Smoking is allowed in outdoor areas. Alongside two intimate historic residential buildings dating from 1898 and 1903, the hotel includes a pretty garden edging the Nam Khan River.
Food and drink at 3 Nagas
- Hotel restaurant There’s double trouble for those who find it hard to choose: Les 3 Nagas delivers perfectly presented Laotian cuisine and, across the road, the more casual Mango 3 has inventive international plates with a touch of French flamboyance.
- Dress code Free the linenista lurking within, as it’s often humid.
- Top table A shady garden table at Mango 3 should be the destination for lunch. After dark, switch to a table on the footpath at Les 3 Nagas.
- Last orders Both restaurants are open until 10pm daily.
- Room service Room service is available 6.30am–9pm and, rather generously, includes all dishes on both the menus.
- Hotel bar Also the house bar, Mango 3 is open from 6.30am–10pm and serves up a Lao Lao Sling with rice wine moonshine.
3 Nagas 97/5, Sakkaline Road, Ban Vatnong, Luang Prabang, Laos, 071
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at 3 Nagas
Complimentary airport transfer on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All rooms resonate with elegance and charm, blending contemporary touches with traditional Lao decor. Room 11 is set in the Provençal-style farmhouse and has a glam garden view. Back in the main building, suite 7 has an expansive balcony for keeping tabs on the street life below. Wooden floors and furnishings, silk fabrics and weavings add to the local feel.
Grab a copy of One Foot in Laos by Dervla Murphy who cycled around the country back in 1997. Once you fall for Luang Prabang, you’ll be planning a longer return yourself.
A labour of love for renowned French-Canadian architect Pascal Trahan, 3 Nagas was delicately restored to comply with stringent UNESCO standards. Trahan has since gone on to oversee the design of Smith hotel Amantaka in town, as well as Hotel Luang Prabang, sister retreat to 3 Nagas.
From the Guestbook…
The 3 Nagas hotel was at the perfect location in Luang Prabang. Our suite was beautiful, traditional and very confortable. We enjoyed good service during our stay with tasty breakf...more