Hotel website rate EUR275 per night
Offer rate EUR261 per night
Conversions via XE.com, using today's exchange rate. All prices given are the lowest nightly rate for a double room.
Minimum stay 3 nights
Deposit policy A Smith deposit is required to confirm your booking. If you need to cancel, as long as you do so before the hotel's cancellation policy comes into effect, the Smith deposit will be refunded to you as a voucher, which you can use towards a future Smith booking.
Style Contemporary curator’s casa
Setting Urban bayside with Vesuvian views
The imposing Romeo Hotel overlooks Naples' hectic docks but, inside, the impeccable art collection of owner Mr Romeo makes you feel like you’re wandering around a dazzling antique-stuffed home. This sleek glass and metal hotel and spa in the heart of one of Italy’s grittier cities has Michelin-starred gastronomy, an aficionado-approved cigar room and on-show wine cellar, and is frequented by a Gucci-clad clientele almost as gorgeous as the views of Vesuvius.
NEED TO KNOW
- Rooms 83, including 14 suites and 10 junior suites.
- Rates Double rooms from EUR 250, excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €4.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include a daily buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, gym, gardens, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: minibar, Nespresso coffee machine, flatscreen TV, Jacob Jensen and Bang & Olufsen telephones, the hotel’s own bath products.
- Poolside The small unheated pool on the ninth floor makes the most of the hotel’s urban coastal location: bathers can simultaneously oversee the dockworkers unloading crates at the port and gaze at distant Vesuvius or Capri. It’s outside on a terrace right next to the restaurant and bar, so grab a cocktail to sip while you lounge.
- Check-out 12 noon, but flexible on request (subject to availability and a charge). Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Welcome. The Kids Garden playroom has a doll’s house and rocking horse. Babysitting is available at €25 an hour and a free crèche can be used 10am–8pm. However, the amount of expensive art on display might discourage all but the bravest parents.
- Also The glossy Dogana del Sale spa has a salt room, five treatment rooms, three Jacuzzis and two saunas (entrance to the spa costs €20 to guests). Golfers missing their greens find comfort in the virtual golf room, and there’s also a gym.