Boutique hotels in East Languedoc-Rousillon
Mr & Mrs Smith has visited romantic boutique hotels, chic and stylish B&Bs and five-star luxury hideaways in East Languedoc-Rousillon, to bring you a handpicked selection of the best boutique hotels in the area.
- Style Château in the city
- Setting Old Montpellier’s narrow streets
With its imposing doorways, shady courtyard, and stone floors, the 18th-century Baudon de Mauny captures the essence of old-town France – then brings it up to date with tasteful modern touches.
- Style Toile de Jouy, tant de joie
- Setting Hidden in Roman Nîmes
The communal areas of the tranquil Jardins Secrets hotel in Nîmes are enhanced with books, photographs, musical paraphernalia and aviaries full of tiny singing birds.
- Style Revamped mansion
- Setting Manicured vineyard
Domaine de Verchant is a butter-coloured mansion of a boutique hotel set on its own wine-producing estate.
- Style Historic-with-heart maison d’hôte
- Setting Provençal poet’s corner
La Maison d’Ulysse hotel is a historic homestay in the Gard region of southern France, with charming hosts, gorgeous grounds, a heated pool and a colourful mix of art.
- Style Urban mansion
- Setting Aristocratic Arles
This chic L'Hôtel Particulier in the ancient city of Arles has crisp-linened beds and Provençal furniture in its huge whitewashed boudoirs.
- Style Shabby-chic boho bonhomie
- Setting Provençal stone hamlet
Transformed from crumbling old French house to enchanting, bohemian chambre d’hôte, Les Sardines aux Yeux Bleus is a heart-stoppingly serene boutique gem within a traditional Provençal stone hamlet.