- Style Contemporary country house
- Setting Tranquil Chianti
A boutique hotel in Tuscany, Villa Sassolini is the perfect marriage of contemporary chic and historic charm. With heart-stopping views over the Tuscan hills, bright and spacious rooms decorated with precision and attention to detail, it is a tranquil hideaway in the heart of Chiantishire.
Need to know
- Rooms 10.
- Rates Double rooms from $244.62 (€180), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast and minibar.
- Facilities TV, Internet. Guests can use the villa’s mountain bikes for excursions.
- Poolside Outdoor pool with bar, panoramic terrace and formal garden. A light lunch is served by the pool between 12.30pm and 2.30pm.
- Check–out 11am.
Children Cots are free for under-twos; extra beds are €20 in low season, €40 at other times.
- Hotel closed 7 January to 12 March.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Marrakech room has fantastic views over the pool. The A Caccia suite has its own balcony and is decorated with hunting prints and has views of the wild hills of Chianti.
Food and drink at Villa Sassolini
- Hotel restaurant The hotel’s seasonal menu presents a modern take on fresh, traditional Tuscan ingredients, such as Chianina beef and wind-cured ham.
- Dress code Chianti chic.
- Top table Alfresco on the terrace by the swimming pool.
- Room service The restaurant menu is available from 7.30am to 10pm. An early breakfast can be provided. Both the restaurant and the bar are closed on Sunday evenings.
- Hotel bar On the terrace next to the pool.