Tree of Life Resort & Spa
- Style Blushing-pink villas
- Setting Rugged Aravali Range
Jaipur boutique hotel Tree of Life Resort & Spa is a vibrant pop of colour in the Rajasthan desert, with its rose-hued walls, aquamarine pools and glinting gold cupola. Tap into village life with elephant jaunts and mountain treks before returning to the serious business of day-spa pampering and poolside lounging.
Need to know
- Rooms 14 villas.
- Rates Double rooms from $194.82 (INR11,999), excluding tax at 12.79 per cent.
- More details Breakfast is an extra INR 800 a person.
- Facilities Spa with Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, gym, yoga pavilion, putting green, gardens, library of books, DVDs and CDs, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, home-theatre system, Lavazza coffee maker, Ayurvedic Kama toiletries, alfresco bath tub, shower and massage sala.
- Poolside From its lofty position, the bell-shaped infinity pool commands knockout views of the grounds and mountain ranges. After taking a dip, chill out on the sunloungers or in the cushion-strewn chhatri (pavilion).
- Check–out Noon; check-in 2pm. Both are flexible subject to availability; there's a fee for check-outs after 3pm.
Children This is more of a romantic adults' retreat, although juniors can be accommodated. Baby cots are free and extra beds for children cost from INR1,500 to INR3,000 a night. Babysitting can be arranged for INR300 an hour and there's a kids' menu.
- Eco‐friendly Artisans from surrounding villages built this desert darling from the ground up, and many of the staff are locals. This big-hearted hotel also supports nearby Kukas School through scholarships and guest-led teaching sessions.
- Also Book a couple's treatment at Ekam day spa and you and your Smith will have exclusive use of the Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Pets are allowed, but you'll need to let staff know in advance. Smoking is only permitted outdoors.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms These massive villas give you enough space to swing a camel, with king-size bedrooms, separate living areas, and bathrooms that lead into the garden. Dazzling colour palettes of fuschia, yellow, orange, aqua and lime, teamed with intricate thekri (mirror work), echo the swathes of sari fabric Rajasthan is famous for. Plump for a Luxury Pool & Spa Villa, and you'll get a suburban-sized backyard complete with plunge pool, Jacuzzi, marble bath tub, waterfall shower and massage pavilion. Honeymoon heaven.
- Packing tips Leave the neutrals at home and embrace Jaipur's penchant for rainbow-bright garb. Bring soft and floaty threads for yoga and poolside posing, and a pair of jodhpurs for elephant jaunts.
- Also Each villa acts as one giant giftshop, so if you fall for that ceramic vase or cool cottan kurta (traditional pajamas), bag one to take home.
Food and drink at Tree of Life Resort & Spa
- Hotel restaurant Ashtam is a sleek, circular space with carved stone walls and arched windows that overlook the putting green. Here, food miles are reduced to mere feet, as chef Santosh Chaudhary draws from his organic veggie patch and local producers to create pan-Indian specialities and Western favourites.
- Dress code Cool and casual is order of the day. Bring a cashmere wrap for mid-winter dinners (December–January) as temperatures can drop dramatically.
- Top table Dine at one of the tables for two by the window, or ask to have a spot set up on the lawn for a romantic dinner as the sun sets.
- Last orders Ashtam winds down at 11pm, but snacks can be sorted at any time.
- Room service Nocturnal nibbles – whether it's curry or a club sandwich – can be ordered around the clock from the extensive in-room menu.
- Hotel bar With a soundtrack of laid-back lounge and Indian fusion music, the bar at Ashtam is a suitably chilled place to sip a Kingfisher beer, expertly made G&T or the signature cocktail, a Passion of Amer.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details