- Style Fresh Miami minimalism
- Setting Sand and the City
This South Beach boutique hotel with a sense of fun attracts hip, easygoing guests looking for a chic weekend retreat or stylish city getaway. With its fresh decorative mix of minimalist white spaces and bold red statement pieces, the Townhouse offers a clean-lined backdrop for stretched-out lounging, snacking on sushi and sipping cool cocktails.
Need to know
- Rooms 68; two penthouses.
- Rates Double rooms from $165.00, excluding tax at 13 per cent.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast, and may increase when there are major events on (such as the Miami Music Festival or Superbowl).
- Facilities WiFi, flat-screen TV, VCR, mini fridges. Workout stations on every floor. Shop selling essentials and gifts.
- Poolside There's no pool, but you can sunbathe on the decked rooftop or walk the 50 metres to the beach.
Children This hotel is better suited to couples - leave the children at home!
- Also If three ain't a crowd, the rooms have large couches that an extra guest may sleep on free of charge.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Rooms aren't very large but they are great value. Superior rooms are a little more expensive, as they have an extra window. Both penthouses have a private terrace; the one with an Atlantic view has a roll-top bath; the one with a city view has a Jacuzzi.
- Packing tips Fashion-shoot style.
- Also The hotel has often been used as a location for filming and photo shoots.
Food and drink at Townhouse
- Hotel restaurant Bond St is the South Beach outpost of the famous New York sushi restaurant; the Chilean seabass skewers and spicy tuna rolls are specialities.
- Dress code South Beach sophistication.
- Top table On the waterbeds on the roof.
- Last orders The restaurant closes at midnight Sunday–Wednesday; 1am Thursday–Saturday; the Rooftop closes at 2am.
- Room service The restaurant has a take-out service for hotel guests.
- Hotel bar Bond St takes on a bar feel later in the evening; try the sake Bloody Marys. Head to the recently renovated (and super stylish) Rooftop Lounge for cocktails at sunset and hard-to-beat views of Miami's skyline. Red beach umbrellas channel a sexy South Beach vibe and sleek white outdoor furniture makes for sophisticated lounging.