The Bath Arms
- Style Ivy-clad chocolate box inn
- Setting Twisting lanes of Bath's Longleat estate
A boutique hotel hiding under the skin of a country-cosy inn, The Bath Arms offers a dose of stylish serenity on the Marquess of Bath's Longleat estate. Minutes from Longleat House and Safari Park, this hotel is ideal for families, yet its high-design romantic styling also makes it the perfect devilish weekend escape for two.
Need to know
- Rooms 15.
- Rates Double rooms from $94.63 (£58), excluding tax at 20 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional of -2% per on check-out.
- More details During high season there is a minimum stay of two nights.
- Facilities Retro skittles alley. In rooms: TV and DVD, free WiFi, Apothecary toiletries, hot drinks facilities.
- Check–out 11am, but flexible subject to availability.
Children Longleat Safari Park is on your doorstep, and a family of pigs in the hotel garden like to say hello. There is a charge of £20 per night for each child sharing a room with parents (maximum two children).
- Also Weekend bookings require both Friday and Saturday nights. Guests are offered a 10 per cent discount on the Longleat 'Passport' entry to the house and safari park.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Bird in the Hand is a gorgeous double in chalky French tones; a huge Louis XV bed dominates the room. The ethno-modern hodgepodge decor of the newer Courtyard rooms sits a little uneasily alongside the more stylish rooms in the main house, so we'd plump for the latter every time.
- Packing tips DVDs and dressing gowns if you have room in the weekender.
- Also For the best Bath Arms experience, ask for a room above the pub, rather than adjacent to it.
Food and drink at The Bath Arms
- Hotel restaurant Scarlet drapes and chandeliers hang above this restaurant specialising in locally sourced, non-fussy fare.
- Dress code Dapper dog-walker chic.
- Top table Tucked away in a candelit corner at the back.
- Last orders The barman hangs up his towels at 11pm. The restaurant is open for breakfast (8am–10am), lunch (12 noon-2.30pm) and dinner (7pm–9pm).
- Room service You can order food to your room when the restaurant kitchen is open (see times above).
- Hotel bar Guests, locals and a big dalmatian hang out at the bar.