- Style Sleek seaside sanctuary
- Setting Gazing on Godrevy
Luxury-laden Salt House on the edge of St Ives is a boutique B&B glowing in the special light this region is famed for. The two rooms are simple and spectacular, with bay-spanning views through floor-to-ceiling glass, balconies to breakfast on and hi-tech heaven in the entertainment department.
Need to know
- Rooms Two.
- Rates Double rooms from $272.32 (£167), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi, CD/DVD library, parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV with Sky+, CD/Blu-Ray/DVD player, king-size Heal’s bed, minibar and free bottled water.
- Check–out 11am. Check in is between 3pm and 6pm, unless an alternative time has been agreed with the hotel in advance.
Children Salt House is more of an adults' hideaway.
- Hotel closed December and January.
- Also A minimum two-night stay applies.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms There are only two: one has an epic bathroom, the other wins the colour wars. The North Room has a freestanding bath in a huge space overlooking the balcony (overlooking Godrevy Beach) and a walk-in shower that could cleanse an army. The South Room’s bathroom doesn’t scrimp, either – it has a walk-in shower and a double-ended bath.
- Packing tips Binoculars for ocean ogling and seagull spotting. Windbreakers for the winding walks.
- Also The hotel is in a residential area just outside St Ives. A 10-minute walk along a coastal path will get you to the town centre; there’s a torch in your room to guide you back after dark.
Food and drink at Salt House
- Hotel restaurant There’s no restaurant, just a breakfast menu of cooked and Continental items which you pick from and pop in the special postbox. It’s then brought up to your room at the designated time.
- Dress code Suitably seadoggy: salt-washed and weathered.
- Top table There aren’t any communal spaces but curl up on your balcony for bay views and beauty courtesy of the Cornish shores.
- Last orders Breakfast will be delivered to your room between 8am and 9.30am.
- Room service None.
- Hotel bar There’s no bar, but you’ll find an amply stocked (and complimentary) minibar in your room, as well as all the necessaries for tea and coffee.