Neri Hotel & Restaurante
- Style 18th-century palace
- Setting Shady square by the cathedral
This super-sexy stay is housed in an 18th-century palace, with an extremely dramatic interior that combines Gothic architecture with super-modern flourishes. Neri Hotel & Restaurante is contemporary – not in a minimalist way – but with the original features preserved and presented in a cutting-edge context. There are mad pieces of art dotted about on exposed brickwork, and gilded mirrors hang on stone walls.
Need to know
- Rooms 22 rooms.
- Rates Double rooms from $280.35 (€205), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- Facilities Roof terrace overlooking the Gothic Quarter, with sunloungers and bar service. Internet connection in each room; plasma TV, CD, choice of beds.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Very welcome.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The junior suite, with views of Plaça Sant Felip Neri.
- Packing tips Swimmers – Barcelona has its own beach. If you’re vegetarian, research where you can find meat-free places to eat.
Food and drink at Neri Hotel & Restaurante
- Hotel restaurant Overlooking the square, the restaurant is set in the original stone arches of the Old Palace Neri – very romantic. It serves excellent aromatic Mediterranean cuisine.
- Dress code Fashionable, informal.
- Top table All the tables are lovely.
- Last orders Food until 11pm; drinks until midnight.
- Room service 24 hours.
- Hotel bar Serves cocktails as impeccably designed as the decor.