- Style Miniature home-like hideaway
- Setting Parkside Pilrig Street
Millers64 is a matchbox marvel of a B&B with three rooms and as many hosts, so you’re sure to be treated with more affection and attention than a long-lost clan member. This boutique Edinburgh guesthouse is a cosy mix of open and airy bright-white interiors, original Victorian features and oriental minimalism inspired by the owners’ childhoods in Asia – but the much-lauded breakfasts are as Scottish as they come.
Need to know
- Rooms Three.
- Rates Double rooms from $163.50 (£100), excluding tax at 20 per cent. Millers64 is unable to accept payment by credit card.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (£12 for full English).
- Facilities Parking, free WiFi. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, and home-made shortbread.
- Check–out 10am during the week; 11am at weekends, but flexible and bags can be left by arrangement. Earliest check-in, 3pm (although bags can be dropped off). Please be sure to let Millers64 know what time you plan to arrive so someone can be there to meet you.
Children Over-12s only.
- Also There’s a three-night minimum stay at weekends and busy periods.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Park Suite is the biggest, with ornate Victorian cornicing and a dark brown love seat separated from the room by an arched wall. Garden Suite is cosier, with views out onto, predictably, the garden. We love the Sky Suite's skylight, through which you can see the stars from your bath tub. Each room has an ensuite bathroom with under-floor heating and silver sinks shipped over from Thailand. Beds are king-sized, with ultra-luxurious hand-stitched Hypnos mattresses, crisp white linens and chocolate brown/shimmery champagne cushions.
- Packing tips Any books you’ve been meaning to read but haven’t got round to – these bedrooms are just beckoning to be lived and lounged in; Clan Clelland tartan to really feel part of the family.
- Also If you want to a) stay on Pilrig Street and b) have a bath, this is the only place you can do it.
Food and drink at Millers64
- Hotel restaurant The only meal available is the much-lauded Millers64 full Scottish breakfast, served up in the communal breakfast room. A lived-in library, the room has a wide window looking out onto the garden. Lovingly home-prepared treats include oatcakes, pastries, jams and marmalades.
- Dress code Your host won’t object if you show up in your slippers.
- Top table Sit by the window and admire the garden.
- Last orders Breakfast is served 8.30am–10am.
- Hotel bar There is no bar at Millers64, but the neighbouring Edinburgh watering holes plug the gaps.