La Suite by Dussol
- Style Modernism outside, maximalism inside
- Setting Brazilian Beverly Hills
Located in exclusive hilltop neighbourhood Joatinga, cliff-side retreat La Suite by Dussol has all the design requisites of an intimate boutique hotel, and a world-class ocean view. Rooms are light and spacious; there are two outdoor pools set in tropical gardens, and there’s a private beach within walking distance. Massages, hairdressing and manicures are yours for the asking, too.
Need to know
- Rooms Seven.
- Rates Double rooms from $361.01 (BRL840). Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 10% per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Library of books, CDs and DVDs, WiFi, chauffeur service, and massages, manicures, hair stylist by arrangement. In rooms: air-conditioning, fully loaded iPods and iPod docks.
- Poolside La Suite's all-new infinity pool is surrounded by pea-green palms and modern scluptures, and looks out over the ocean and neighbouring islets. There's a private beach in walking distance too.
- Check–out Midday, but flexible on request (depending on subsequent bookings). Earliest check-in, 11am (though, as some flights arrive into Rio in the very early morning, the hotel will always do what it can to accommodate its guests).
Children Under-fives stay free, with baby cots provided. Over-fives: €150 for an extra bed. A babysitting service is provided by the hotel maids (a small tip is suggested).
- Also Pets are welcome at La Suite. Smoking allowed. The hotel also offers airport transfers for €60 each way, and an insiders’ tour of Rio de Janeiro for €190. Oh, and it has its own helipad, too.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Black Suite has yards of windows, surrounding you with views of ocean, mountain and city, and two bathrooms. The Purple Suite is the most spacious, with an amazing marble bathroom and giant lovers’ shower. The pretty Pink Room is ideal for a couple with a child, since the room is divided into two.
- Packing tips Flip-flops, sunhat and cangas for the beach.
Food and drink at La Suite by Dussol
- Hotel restaurant Chef Pascal Joly, former chef of the Plaza Athénée in Paris and second chef at Joël, is now responsible for the delectations served on the terrace or poolside, or in the dining room with its hip Seventies furniture if you choose.
- Dress code Slinky and stylish sunwear.
- Top table You can dine on your own private terrace; otherwise we love the views from the main deck.
- Last orders Request lunch by 11am, dinner by 6pm, choosing between meat or fish. The bar stays open till whenever.
- Room service There’s hot food (based on what’s being prepared in the kitchen) and drinks available from 8am till late.
- Hotel bar Exotic-fruit caipirinhas, taken on the terrace, are a speciality.