- Style Designer den
- Setting Up-and-coming Ostuni
La Sommità is a historic boutique Ostuni hotel in Puglia set in a converted 16-century palace. The modern spa offers a range of treatments to choose from. The restaurant specialises in excellent Puglian cuisine while the cavernous wine bar has a fine selection of local and international wines. The ramparts of the fortress are perfect for a sunset aperitif.
Need to know
- Rooms 10, including three suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $137.07 (€100), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €2.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Modern spa under vaulted stone ceilings, in-room web access.
- Poolside There is no pool at La Sommità, but guests can ask reception for a pass to a nearby beach.
- Check–out 12 noon but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in is at 3pm.
Children Are welcome, although the building isn’t really suitable for very young children.
- Also Horse riding, cycling and cookery courses can be arranged. Small pets are welcome.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Ask for a room with a terrace and a view out to sea. The suites are much larger and have big windows with great views. Le Volte, the master suite, has a bathroom as big as its bedroom and a similarly spacious terrace, overlooking olive trees and the sea. The working fireplace in Il Camino makes it a perfect winter hideout.
Food and drink at La Sommità
- Hotel restaurant Located beneath two massive vaulted stone ceilings, the Michelin-starred restaurant also has tables outside in the walled Spanish garden. Fresh local produce is served, including fish cooked to perfection, great pasta and wines.
- Dress code As relaxed as everything else here.
- Top table In the garden, among the orange blossom and olive trees.
- Room service Restaurant menu available until 10.30pm.
- Hotel bar The subterranean wine bar has a good selection of regional and international wines. You can sip a drink anywhere you choose here. The castle ramparts are the perfect place for a sunset aperitif.