La Maison by Dussol
- Style Boutique bed and breakfast
- Setting Upmarket Gavea
La Maison by Dussol was the first boutique hotel of its kind to open in Rio; its sophisticated decor could be straight from the pages of a fashion magazine. Located just ten minutes north of Ipanema, the hotel feels like a private residence. And while the attention to detail may not extend to added amenities such as special toiletries, in-room minibars or audiovisual equipment, La Maison is a world away from corporate chain hotels. The breathtaking surroundings and relaxed atmosphere will be sufficient to win your heart. The boudoirs are all completely different, so book the one to match your own personal Rio fantasy.
Need to know
- Rooms Five rooms.
- Rates Double rooms from $193.08 (BRL450), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 10% per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities WiFi, air-con and fans, Granado toiletries, massage, beauty treatments, library, gardens.
- Poolside Outdoor pool with a view.
- Check–out Midday, but can be flexible.
Children Under-fives stay free, with cots available. Over-fives: €80 for an extra bed. Babysitters can be booked.
- Also Pets are welcome. Smoking is allowed. Airport transfer costs €60. City tour, €120.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Each of the five rooms is individually decorated, with a travel theme. The Tiffany Room has the biggest terrace, and a bathroom with a view over the Corcovado and Tijuca Forest. The Recamier Room is spacious, with the best view and a bathtub.
Food and drink at La Maison by Dussol
- Hotel restaurant The cook shops daily for fresh produce and cooks fusion cuisine to order: meat or fish.
- Dress code Elegant sundresses, and the eternal Havaianas.
- Top table In the candlelit lounge.
- Last orders Guests are asked to order lunch by 10pm, and dinner by 5pm.
- Room service A snack menu of sandwiches, salads and fruit plates is available.
- Hotel bar You can drink great caipirinhas and batidas, as late as you like.