- Style Palatial comfort
- Setting Calm in Palmeraie gardens
This retreat in four-hectare grounds in Marrakech's Palmeraie was purpose-built three years ago with perfect attention to detail. The hand-carved silver door keys (intricate, weighty and satisfying to use), the own-blend toiletries in glass and silver bottles, the scented candles with hand-inked labels… The styling of Ksar Char-Bagh is the opposite of souk-fabulous, though still recognisably Moroccan.
Need to know
- Rooms 13 suites: traditional and large harem suites, all with private garden or terrace, two with pools; and an apartment with private pool.
- Rates Double rooms from $479.75 (€350), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include breakfast and airport transfers in a London black cab but excluding 10 per cent tax and €1.50 a night local tax.
- Facilities Billiards room, cigar club, vaulted library, DVD/CD, two heated pools, tennis court, wine cellar, hammam and massage rooms, gym facilities, beauty treatments using Anne Sémonin products, Internet access, boutique, private golf practice course.
- Check–out Flexible.
Children Not a child-friendly property, but cots available free of charge, and babysitting, 30€ for 4 hours.
- Also Ksar Char-Bagh has its own herb garden and farm, with wheat for fresh bread, their own olive oil, and orchard fruit to make jam.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms 14, the apartment at the top, has its own terrace and swimming pool. Room 6 has a big living room and is a beautiful light space. Room 3 has a private garden.
- Packing tips Tennis whites.
Food and drink at Ksar Char-Bagh
- Hotel restaurant The chef, Hadrien Villedieu, studied under Vigato, Robuchon and Passard, and specialises in French cuisine influenced by Mediterranean and Oriental flavours.
- Dress code As informal as you like.
- Top table By the window overlooking the pool.
- Room service 24 hours for drinks and snacks; 12.30pm–3pm and 8.30pm–11pm for the restaurant menu.
- Hotel bar Drinks can be taken anywhere in the grounds.