Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires
- Style Buenos Aires, by the book
- Setting Middle of Microcentro
Set just below stylish Recoleta, Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires knows how to unwind or get playful. The cool, contemporary bolthole has a library filled with books on Argentine art and history for studious visitors looking to explore nearby sites. Those who check in to tune out should nab a sunlounger by the pool, and take in busy Buenos Aires from above.
Need to know
- Rooms 104, including two suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $104.00, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
- More details Rates usually include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Library, free WiFi throughout, gym. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar.
- Poolside The sun-heated pool on the rooftop of the eighth floor is lined with loungers and soundtracked by chilled-out tunes; it is open from November to April.
- Check–out 12pm, but flexible, subject to availability (and a half-day rate). Earliest check-in, 2pm.
Children The hotel does allow children; baby cots can be reserved at no charge, and rollaway beds are available for $60 per night.
- Also Rooms 212 and 312 are wheelchair-accessible.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The rooms are all decorated in the same somewhat nautical style with blues, tans and white walls, so it’s hard to go wrong, but 1104 has a terrace and lets in plenty of light. If booking a standard room with a terrace, ask for 610 or 611, which overlook Maipu Street and have bigger terraces than the courtyard-facing rooms.
- Packing tips Bring dancing shoes: some of Argentina’s best tango clubs are within blocks of the hotel.
- Also The hotel has a library with comfortable chairs and a slew of interesting books. The country’s national library, one of the most robust collections in the hemisphere, is 3km from the hotel on the site of the palace where Evita and Juan Perón once lived.
Food and drink at Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires
- Hotel restaurant Served in a light, but windowless room on the lower level of the hotel, breakfast includes pastries, yogurt, egg dishes and dulce de leche. At other times, Pulizer serves ‘Visit Easy Food’, a menu of sandwiches, pasta and salads, available in the library or bar.
- Dress code Light dresses and button-down shirts are best unless you’re headed to the pool, in which case less is more.
- Top table Sit on the first floor by Visit Cocktail Bar for a brighter, more comfortable space than the lower level.
- Last orders Visit Easy Food serves until 11pm.
- Room service Sandwiches, salads, classic breakfast items and other dishes can be delivered from 7am until midnight.
- Hotel bar Visit Cocktail Bar is the lobby-level watering hole, with a 500-bin wine list and mod interiors. Up on the 13th floor, Visit Sky Bar is an alfresco option. The bartenders mix mojitos, caipirinhas and martinis on the wood deck overlooking the city.