- Style Graphic detail
- Setting Sea and be seen
The pastel shades of Hotel Pastis wrap around you – a 360 degree hug of serenity, mere metres from the glamorous hedonism of St Tropez. Walls chocka with art open onto a pool that steams in the fresh French morning air, and a Sex Pistols framed LP hidden by the bar telling us to Never Mind the Bollocks reveals a flash of the owners’ wicked sides.
Need to know
- Rooms 10, all with a terrace or balcony, one with wheelchair access.
- Rates Double rooms from $254.02 (€187), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.65 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, €20.
- Facilities Gardens, DVD library, free WiFi throughout, parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD, minibar.
- Poolside A fresh stone floor opening onto a terrace of pastel sofas and palms is perfect for sunbathing, breakfasting and cocktailing at candle-lit dusk.
- Check–out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 4pm. Outside high season, timings are flexible, subject to availability.
Children Extra beds are €50 for under-14s. Baby cots are free, subject to availability.
- Hotel closed 30 November 2013 to 28 March 2014. However,
- Also Smoking is only allowed in certain areas outdoors. Two-night minimum stay at weekends.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Room 4 is the most romantic, with vintage loungers on an ample shaded terrace overlooking the pool. Room 8 has a big sunny terrace, leather club chairs and a roll-top bath. Ask for a room with a pool view, rather than one at the front of the hotel.
- Packing tips Don’t waste suitcase space on hairdryers, bathrobes, slippers or cotton wool pads – they’re all provided.
Food and drink at Hotel Pastis
- Hotel restaurant None as such. Breakfast is served on the poolside terrace from 8.15am until noon, or indoors by the bar. Then it’s straight into lunch: a choice of light, cold dishes, served between noon and 4pm.
- Dress code Although the hotel operates a strict no-dress-code policy, we suggest you think yachtie: crisp linens with deck shoes or espadrilles.
- Room service None.
- Hotel bar There’s an appropriately good stock of Ricard and other aniseedy liquor, served at the elegant zinc bar, open late during summer months. You can also order from a cocktail menu of popular classics.