Hôtel Le A
- Style All-white and arty
- Setting Chi-chi Champs-Elysées
Our first impression of this boutique hotel is of a downtown SoHo gallery of the Seventies. Dark hardwood floors, art-gallery white walls and chocolate-hued curtains are set off by a flood of natural light. Hôtel Le A is an interesting space for a discreet reception, cosy library, and intimate café bar.
Need to know
- Rooms 26: nine junior suites, one classic room, seven superior rooms, eight deluxe rooms and one apartment.
- Rates Double rooms from $216.99 (€158), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out and an additional government tax of 2% per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates are room only. Continental breakfast is €16; buffet, €24.
- Facilities Library, laptop and computer for guest use. In-room: CD/DVD player, satellite TV, free WiFi, pillow menu and laundry.
- Check–out Noon. Check-in, 3pm.
Children Not recommended for toddlers (too white for little fingers), but small babies are welcome. Superior and Deluxe rooms, and the Apartment and Deluxe rooms can be connected to sleep the whole Smith clan.
- Also The lift to the rooms has different-coloured lights on every floor, helpful after a few of Le A’s champagne cocktails. The hotel also allows smoking on floors one, five and six.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The rooms all have the same facilities; only the size changes with price. From the Apartment (room 606), you can see the Eiffel Tower.
Food and drink at Hôtel Le A
- Hotel restaurant There’s no restaurant as such, but a Continental or hot buffet breakfast is served each morning, and, in the afternoon, a free tea-time buffet of Kusmi tea, juices and pastries is offered to all guests.
- Dress code Style-savvy.
- Last orders Breakfast is served in the chic monochrome lounge from 7am to 10:30am and the bar shakes mojitos until 11pm, sometimes midnight.
- Room service Breakfast is available in-room until 12 noon, and a room service menu with classic French dishes – salads, duck confit, steak, cheese plates and divine desserts – runs from 12 noon to 12 midnight.
- Hotel bar The cool black and white lounge bar is open to the public, and makes a pleasantly quiet spot for a cocktail.