Gramercy Park Hotel
- Style A bohemian rhapsody
- Setting East Side storeys
A beguiling muddle of styles, colours and spaces, the boho Gramercy Park Hotel is clearly a product of an idiosyncratic imagination. Exposed brickwork stands alongside bare wood, lush scarlet drapes tickle stark black-leather furniture, and Louis XV chairs sit beneath works by Cy Twombly and Damien Hirst. Add to this a wonderful East Side location and access to the city’s only private park – where children can play freely – and you’ve got a place as edgy, cool and unclassifiable as New York City itself.
Need to know
- Rooms 184, in eight categories – from Superior to Park Suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $375.00, excluding tax at 14.75 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of $3.50 per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Spa and gym, DVD library, WiFi, valet parking, laundry service. In rooms: minibar, flatscreen TVs, CD and DVD players, iPod dock.
- Check–out Midday, although this is flexible subject to availability. Earliest check-in is 3pm.
Children Kids are made very welcome at Gramercy Park – there’s a secure private park for them to play in, and parents can pick up special children’s robes and family-friendly DVDs from the concierge. Extra beds and cots are available, as are babysitters.
- Also In the bathrooms, you’ll find a ‘best-of’ amenity collection, chosen by the editor of Allure magazine. This contains such delights as Hamadi shampoo and conditioner, and Mario Bedescu body lotion.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Lexington Premier King comes with its own seating area, filled with quirky, well-chosen pieces of furniture from all over the world, and superb views of Lexington Avenue. If you feel like splurging, then go for the Penthouse – it comes with its own kitchen, dining room and library.
- Packing tips A pair of rollerblades – to get you, at speed, right through the very heart of it.
Food and drink at Gramercy Park Hotel
- Hotel restaurant The hotel's restaurant is Danny Meyer's Italian trattoria Maialino. Located on the first floor, the eatery is kitted out with wooden floors and warm colours, and has dazzling views of Gramercy Park. Maialino is a coffee bar by morning, restaurant by day and wine bar by night, excelling in delicious small plates of food. There is also a private dining room for up to 20.
- Dress code Smart but stylish.
- Room service Available 24 hours.
- Hotel bar The Rose Bar and the Jade Bar are both popular NYC hangouts, offering the city’s gilded youth the chance to quaff cocktails by candlelight, while being overlooked by Warhols and Basquiats from the wall.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details