Gallery Hotel Art
- Style Classic-contemporary comfort
- Setting Oasis on the Arno
The overriding impression of the Gallery Hotel Art is one of impeccable quality; furniture and fittings are all stylish but solid, eschewing gimmicks or novelties. Modern lines and a minimalist-inclined decor contrast with the flagstone streets and centuries-old architecture outside.
Need to know
- Rooms 74.
- Rates Double rooms from $219.29 (€160), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €4.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates sometimes include breakfast.
- Facilities Private tour guide; chauffeured car service; golf-course agreement.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Although the hotel welcomes families, it's not especially geared towards children and there are no specific facilities for kids.
- Also Pets welcome, as long as they’re on the small size.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Three penthouses on the seventh floor have amazing views; 701 has two terraces (with a super-comfy lounger on the deck); and 707 and 708 have terraces and a river view.
- Packing tips A sketchbook, a sunhat, sensible shoes.
Food and drink at Gallery Hotel Art
- Hotel restaurant Fusion by name and by nature, serving unique Italian/Japanese cuisine. You'll be advised on which wines go with each course.
- Dress code The clientele is as mixed as the cuisine; you’ll fit in whatever your style.
- Top table Go alfresco on the terrace when it’s warm.
- Room service 7.30am–11pm. A snack menu is available until midday, when the restaurant menu becomes available.
- Hotel bar For the best cocktails in town, cosy up at the bar or on the terrace; between October and May you can sometimes catch live jazz in the evenings.