- Style Boudoir-chic Victorian townhouse
- Setting Foliage-rich city fringe
This boutique hotel in Dublin is Victorian on the outside and victorious on the inside; a rather austere exterior conceals playfully cool and modern interiors and beds you'll never want to get out of. The decadent Dylan Bar could have sprung from the combined imaginings of David Lynch and Lewis Carroll, and a night of cocktails here is a Dublin must-do. And from the Dylan's leafy residential location, Dublin's best bits are all within walking distance.
Need to know
- Rooms 44, with six suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $238.22 (€173), excluding tax at 9 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast. (€27 for full Irish).
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, library. In rooms, iPod docks, plasma TVs, Frette sheets, Ren toiletries; bathrooms have underfloor heating.
- Check–out Midday. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
Children Cots are available at no extra charge; babysitting, €10 an hour until 11pm, then €15 an hour, plus the cost of the sitter’s taxi home.
- Hotel closed 24–26 December inclusive.
- Also Book an in‑room massage for the morning after the night before, to ease your Guinness hangover.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Corner rooms are lighter, with big windows. Experience suites have an additional TV in the bathroom (if you like to watch while you wash). Romantics should book room 201, which has a red Italian‑leather bed, large bathroom and walk‑in shower.
- Packing tips Leave the GHDs at home – if your locks are lacklustre, borrow the hotel’s GHDs to add polish.
- Also Not all rooms have bath tubs, so if you love long hot soaks make sure you request one when you book.
Food and drink at Dylan
- Hotel restaurant The Dylan Restaurant offers a relaxed and stylish dining experience with an upmarket bistro-style experience with dining from Richard Carmody who applies an inspired spin to seasonal Irish ingredients.
- Dress code Comfortable urban élan.
- Top table By day, a table at the window for natural light and people‑watching; by night, a corner table with high‑backed chairs for intimacy.
- Last orders Dylan Restaurant: Tuesday–Wednesday, 10.30pm; Thursday–Saturday, 11pm; Sunday, 10pm (closed on Mondays). Dylan Bar: 11pm; later at weekends.
- Room service 24 hours (fish of the day and roast‑beef sandwiches are good choices).
- Hotel bar Dylan Bar is popular with in‑the‑know Dubliners for its decadent decor and killer cocktails; savour a trademark ‘Dylan’ cocktail (aged rum infused with tobacco leaves and stirred with brown sugar and Angostura Bitters), on a peacock‑blue velvet stool at the bar, or flirt with champagne flutes in a scarlet‑clad nook.