- Style Hollywood colonial
- Setting Lush gardens and palm groves
This Palmeraie boutique hotel in Marrakech is an expansive domain, with six-metre-high ceilings. The sleeping and lounging zone of Dar Zemora has punched-metal wall sconces, a stone fireplace (lit every evening), jewel-coloured rugs, and French doors leading to the elegant garden.
Need to know
- Rooms Two suites, three rooms, all very private and looking out on the gardens.
- Rates Double rooms from $253.83 (£155), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Dar Zemora is unable to accept payment by credit card.
- More details Rates include breakfast, afternoon cake and tea, and mineral water.
- Facilities Hammam, treatment room for massage, aromatherapy and reflexology, library, limited WiFi. IPod docking stations and DVD players are available on request.
- Poolside The heated pool is shaded by palms and surrounded by gardens, parasols and teak sundecks.
- Check–out 12 noon, but flexible, subject to availability. The hotel can arrange for you to use a shower to freshen up if you have a late flight.
Children Under-twos and over-8s welcome (check for other ages). Cots in suites, no charge; extra bed, £50 a night. Babysitting available.
- Hotel closed 1–26 August.
- Also Airport transfer for £20 (highly recommended). Private parties of up to 14 adults can book the whole property. Call for specific details of wheelchair access.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Zahara suite has a lovely terrace, wooden four-poster and fireplace. The Perla suite is on the roof, with open fireplace, marble bath and big private terrace. Bebra is good for guests with mobility problems, and has a hand-painted bathroom ceiling.
- Packing tips Layers in winter; swimmers.
Food and drink at Dar Zemora
- Hotel restaurant A two course lunch is served daily. In the evening dinner is served at 8.30pm. Jamila prepares a three-course Moroccan dinner every night except Sunday, when a traditional Moroccan four-course feast is served.
- Dress code As though you’re at home.
- Top table Weather permitting, round the pool by candlelight. In winter, by a roaring fire in the Omar Room.
- Last orders Dinner's always served at 8.30pm, but late arrivals can order ahead for a light supper.
- Room service 24 hours, but drinks only after 10pm.
- Hotel bar None as such: you can relax with a drink wherever you choose.