- Style Bright and witty
- Setting Pole position by Ponte Vecchio
With its sleek minimalist design, the Continentale hotel is the very antithesis of the classic Florentine Room with a View-style pensiones, and it's a huge hit with those searching for a contemporary vibe. It almost sits right on the famous Ponte Vecchio, and is within a few minutes' walk from, well, everywhere. The sleek receptionists are clad in black suits; black and white fashion photographs line the walls; classic European films run on a loop on a giant plasma screen in the foyer.
Need to know
- Rooms 43 rooms.
- Rates Double rooms from $260.41 (€190), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €4.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€25 a person).
- Facilities Fitness centre with sauna.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Babysitting can be arranged.
- Also Pets of the diminutive variety are welcome.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Deluxe tower rooms are spacious and have fantastic views.
- Packing tips A sketchbook, a sunhat, sensible shoes.
Food and drink at Continentale
- Hotel restaurant Only breakfast is served, on the first floor.
- Dress code Anything goes.
- Room service Until 11pm.
- Hotel bar Terrazza dei Consorti is a ‘sky lounge’, perfect for a cocktail under the stars.