Casa la Concha
- Style Andalucian elegance, French insouciance
- Setting Med-view Marbella hilltop
Boutique villa hotel Casa la Concha on a lush hilltop above Marbella, overlooks the sprawling Mediterranean and Malaga’s Golden Mile below. Set in a peaceful residential area of the Costa del Sol, the boho-deluxe main house is a former Andaluçian home, with cottage-style suites scattered through its sweet-smelling flower-filled landscaped gardens.
Need to know
- Rooms Five cottage-style suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $156.24 (€115), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast. The whole house is available to rent over the summer (preferably for two week periods).
- Facilities Outdoor pool, beauty treatments, library, DVD library, CD library, WiFi (only in the main house and occasionally temperamental). In-room: mini fridge, flatscreen TV, DVD player, CD player, air-conditioning, Occitane toiletries.
- Poolside The outdoor swimming pool will be welcome to cool off from the glare of that Spanish sun.
- Check–out Between 10am and midday, but may be flexible depending on availability.
Children A cot for children up to five is free. There’s a supplement of €25 a day for children aged 5–12 (€50 for age 12 and older). Babysitting can be arranged at €10 an hour.
- Also No smoking in the bedrooms or in the main house. Well-behaved dogs are allowed.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All the suites, or mini cottages are decorated differently and are set in the gardens with their own patio. Alexandra Cottage, Michelle Cottage, Cova Cottage, Melissa Cottage and Natalia Cottage all have varying colour schemes and layouts, but all are peppered with original artworks and exotic items of furniture.
- Packing tips Your flashiest labels and a shiny Lamborghini if you plan to hit Marbella itself.
- Also Casa La Concha hosts art exhibitions, cookery courses, yoga retreats and jazz nights throughout the year. Golfing, horseback riding and personal shoppers can all be arranged as well.
Food and drink at Casa la Concha
- Hotel restaurant There isn’t a restaurant but there are lots of great restaurants a short cab ride away.
- Dress code Boho but bling; think low-key luxury and whip out that diamante-trimmed kaftan.
- Hotel bar There's no bar on site, but Marbella is flooded with watering holes.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details