Casa de Madrid
- Style Well-travelled and aristocratic
- Setting Heart of the historical centre
Casa de Madrid is an elegant, original boutique hotel housed in an 18th-century building in the centre of the city. It showcases the well-travelled taste of its owner, interior designer Marta Medina. Its seven rooms are individually decorated with exquisite pieces: busts, murals, frescos and fine fabrics; the service is personal and spoiling.
Need to know
- Rooms Seven, including one suite.
- Rates Double rooms from $124.90 (€91), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional room tax of €10.00 per person on check-in.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities DVD/CD, free wireless Internet, library.
- Check–out Midday. Make sure you let the hotel know what time you plan to arrive, as reception isn't staffed 24 hours a day.
Children A cot is available at no charge; extra bed, €100 per night. Babysitting, €10 an hour.
- Also Pets are welcome.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All the rooms are individually styled by owner Doña Marta Medina, an interior designer by profession who is inspired by her travels: the Damasco Suite, the Spanish Room, the Kenia Room, the Indian Room, the Greek Room, the Blue Room. Ask for a balcony in summer, a bathtub in winter. Staying in the Damasco Suite is like being in your own three-room apartment.
- Packing tips An English guide to the Prado museum for art-lovers.
Food and drink at Casa de Madrid
- Hotel restaurant No restaurant, but lunch or dinner can be served in the lounge or in your room on request: breakfast is served in the living room or in your bedroom.
- Dress code Relaxed elegance.
- Last orders Breakfast is served whenever you like. You can help yourself to drinks any time.
- Room service Staff will try to serve you with whatever you ask for, whenever you ask for it.
- Hotel bar The Romano Lounge is home to an honesty bar, and music can be played.