- Style Candlelit aphrodisiac
- Setting Caldera panorama
A boutique hotel hugging the cliffs of Santorini, the biggest island in the Cyclades, Astra Suites is the perfect Greek island hideaway. Rooms are all high ceilings, arty ornaments and candles perched on every available surface; add in the giant his ’n’ hers shower, a four-poster bed and an outrageously comfortable sofa in the lounge area and you have a ready-made excuse for permanent room service.
Need to know
- Rooms 27.
- Rates Double rooms from $257.38 (€188), excluding tax at 6.5 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Book exchange, free Internet access. Massages can be arranged. In-room a bottle of Santorini wine, flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, minibar.
- Poolside There is an infinity pool with a bar and spectacular view of the caldera. Several of the suites have their own Jacuzzi or small pool.
- Check–out Midday, but the hotel has a hospitality suite which can be used by guests who arrive early or check out late.
Children Welcome. There are English-speaking babysitters and extra beds (at €60 a night) are available in some rooms.
- Hotel closed November to March inclusive.
- Also Wedding planner available.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms 302 and 304 are the most private suites, each with its own Jacuzzi or private pool; 105 and 109 are the best of the Senior Suites.
- Also Astra's spa offers extreme massages (eg 'cranial sacral balancing') from world-class experts – sure to turn the de-stress dial to max.
Food and drink at Astra Suites
- Hotel restaurant Astra Restaurant is open every evening for dinner. Tuck in to creative Greek and Mediterranean dishes.
- Dress code Blissfully blasé.
- Top table Every private balcony has a jaw-dropping view of the caldera.
- Last orders Drinks: 11pm.
- Room service Light meals available until midnight.
- Hotel bar Poolside drinks are available from 12 noon to just after sunset each day.