- Style Boutique bed and breakfast
- Setting Edinburgh en route to Leith
It’s the delightful eccentricity of Ardmor House owners Robin and Barry that makes this five-roomed restored Victorian terrace in Edinburgh such a special cheap-chic option. A small staircase winds up to lovely, high-ceilinged rooms, where crisp bedsheets and understated decor provide a neutral backdrop for the vibrancy of the red-velvet lampshades.
Need to know
- Rooms Five.
- Rates Double rooms from $129.30 (£79), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (£12.50 each for a Continental buffet and Scottish breakfast).
- Facilities Gardens, tea- and coffee-making facilities; WiFi; flatscreen TVs; iPod docks.
- Check–out 11am. You can leave your bags here for the day from 8am onwards
Children Cots available for small children for £15; high chairs.
- Eco‐friendly The hotel aims to use local, seasonal and organic ingredients for its meals, including getting its eggs from the local free-range supplier and its meat from Crombies, the local butcher.
- Also Smoking is only permitted in the garden and vestibule. Small dogs are welcome by arrangement. A minimum two-night stay is required at weekends; with a minimum four-night stay is required in August and other high-season periods.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All rooms blend contemporary and traditional style and have private ensuite shower rooms and toilets. There are three large doubles with king-size beds, one of which can become a twin room on request.
- Packing tips Good walking shoes. Edinburgh is a city full of hills and many attractions to get round. And it’s always a good idea to prepare for all weather conditions: it can be warm, cold dry, rainy – all in the same day.
Food and drink at Ardmor House
- Hotel restaurant Breakfast is 8am–10am. On offer are a continental buffet, a range of house favourites (such as scrambled free-range eggs and Scottish smoked salmon or potato waffles with smoked bacon and maple syrup) and a traditional Scottish breakfast: Crombies of Edinburgh Pork sausages, oak-smoked bacon, free-range eggs, pan-fried mushrooms and grilled tomatoes.
- Room service Breakfast can be delivered to your room if requested.