- Style Tropical-luxe hideaway
- Setting Canggu attitude
Surfers have been in on the secret for years, but now luxury hounds also have a reason to seek out laid-back Canggu Beach. Bali boutique hotel Ametis Villa brings sophistication to this seaside haunt, with pool-toting villas, 24-hour butler service and relaxed wining and dining, just 20 minutes from buzzy Seminyak.
Need to know
- Rooms 14 villas.
- Rates Double rooms from $519.83, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast, private return airport transfers, welcome cocktail, a 30-minute massage, afternoon tea, sunset cocktail and canapés, fruit, minibar with soft drinks and beer, and Seminyak shuttle service.
- Facilities Ruby Spa, gardens, CD/DVD library, 24-hour butler service, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock with preloaded iPod, coffee machine, kitchen utensils, beach bag, Ametis Original toiletries.
- Poolside No need to jump out of bed to bag the best poolside spot here... At the heart of each villa lies your very own aquamarine swimming pool, surrounded by a lounger-topped sundeck and tropical gardens.
- Check–out Noon; check-in, 2pm. For late check-out up to 6pm, 50 per cent of the nightly rate is charged. After 6pm, the full rate applies.
Children Ametis Villa is only suitable for children aged 12 and up.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day (Day of Silence), although stays are still possible. Bali’s airport also closes for the day.
- Also Smoking is permitted but pets aren't allowed.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Bali meets Morocco in these breezy pavilions, where cool stone and exposed timbers are offset by lavish fabrics and candle-lit lanterns. The open-plan living areas with gourmet kitchens, spa-style bathrooms and bedrooms with king-size platform beds are grouped around a generous central pool. Premier Villas are perfectly suited to honeymooners; plump for an Imperial Villa if you're after extra space.
- Packing tips From beach bags to bug spray, you'll want for nothing at Ametis Villa. Pack light and save space in your bag for all the booty you'll score on Seminyak shopping trips.
- Also Book a couple's treatment room at Ruby Spa for a pampering session à deux.
Food and drink at Ametis Villa
- Hotel restaurant Using spanking-fresh ingredients from the cool hills of Bedugul and seafood sourced daily from Jimbaran Bay, Eternal restaurant offers home-style dining in an open-sided dining room. Balinese specialties include ayam sune cekuh (grilled chicken with turmeric), udang kapit (prawns with ginger, coconut and chilli) and spicy beef rendang curry.
- Top table A table for two on the terrace, or for a more intimate affair dial up a 'Bali by Candlelight' dinner in the privacy of your villa.
- Last orders The woks are kept firing and drinks are shaken and stirred until 11pm.
- Room service A global range of dishes – from beef burgers to Balinese satay – can be delivered to your villa 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar Settle into a cream-coloured couch at Eternal for cocktails and canapés come sunset. Order drinks to enjoy in your villa, or if you feel like mingling sip a refreshing mojito in the open-air lobby.