Looking for an opportunity to work with one of the travel industry's most stylish and well-loved brands? Here's a list of current vacancies at Mr & Mrs Smith…
LONDON: Head of Customer Engagement
Mr & Mrs Smith’s West London headquarters has an opening for an experienced customer marketing and CRM practitioner.
The successful candidate will be a commercially minded strategic thinker, but won’t be afraid to get involved in implementing the strategy they’ve helped shape. You’ll be part of a small but dynamic marketing team, working collaboratively on multi-channel programmes with Smith’s development, sales and product teams across four regions.
• Make data-driven recommendations to the board on our customer strategy
• Develop a complete contact strategy from scratch
• Manage and optimise our schedule of regular and one-off marketing comms
• Work closely with the head of content to improve content and deliverability, increasing engagement and revenue
• Identify our most valuable customers and design a strategy to build long-term relationships with them across multiple channel
• Develop our customer-segmentation strategy
• Work closely with the CCO to help shape a differentiated, value-based offering from our customer-facing teams and optimise the membership product
• Work closely with the product and UX/UI teams to improve the customer journey
• Acting as marketing lead for the development of our Guestbook functionality
• Increase our data-capture capabilities
• Prioritise, manage and collaborate on new members’ functionalities to drive conversion
• Report on all key CRM metrics
• Work closely with the commercial analyst and commercial systems manager to scope and shape our systems
• Shape and maintain a single-customer view of the data we collect
• Use Google Analytics and our other data tools to generate action-orientated insights
• Champion an analytics-driven culture within the marketing department
• Identify insights and opportunities from customer-feedback data
• At least three years’ experience in a senior relationship-marketing-management role within a multi-channel organisation
• A results-focused approach, with a proven record of generating revenue improvements
• Excellent numeracy, with strong analytical capabilities
• A willingness to take a hands-on approach to implementation
• A ruthless ability to prioritise high-impact projects and execute them to completion
• A collaborative approach, combined with initiative and proactivity
• Confident and articulate communication skills
• Experience of working across more than one market
• An understanding of the travel and/or luxury sectors
• A natural affinity with the Smith brand
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. (We can only respond to CVs with the requested experience.)
Salary: £23k to £30k DoE
Mr & Mrs Smith is looking for a razor-sharp writer and social media expert to create engaging content for all our platforms.
Based in our Shepherd's Bush office, the social media creative will produce high-quality, original visual and written content for our global audience of boutique travellers. They will manage social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram and generate inspiring words and images to help build followers, engagement and make these the must-visit hubs for boutique hotel advice and inspiration. It will be a varied and stimulating role, working with our editorial team in London, as well as with other Smith departments and our offices in New York and Melbourne.
Skills and experience
Does this sound like you? Please email email@example.com by 15 March with your CV and a 140-character summary of why you're perfect for the job.
LONDON: Internships at Mr & Mrs Smith
Mr & Mrs Smith has ongoing internship programmes for UK residents in a number of departments at our London office, and we’re always interested in hearing from bright, motivated and travel-savvy students and graduates eager to dip their toes in the boutique-hotel world.
Placements are available in the following departments:
Our small but versatile design department has a 2–3-month internship available for a bright, organised and visually orientated intern interested in gaining experience of working with large-scale image libraries. The role may involve assisting our picture editor requesting, selecting and uploading images of the world's most spectacular hotels for Smith's assorted websites. If you've a great eye, good written and communication skills, an organised approach and some experience of Photoshop, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are on the hunt for a motivated applicant to join Smith's commercial department for a two-month full-time placement. The role would best suit someone who is detail-focused, tech-confident and interested in gaining insight into the travel industry.
The succesful applicant will help contribute to the smooth operation of the commercial team, with particular focus on maintaining Mr & Mrs Smith's competitiveness in price and availability online. For this, excellent communication by email and phone and strong interpersonal skills are required. Other tasks may include assistance in research of curation trips, which entails mapping prospective hotels as well as gaining information on their suitability for the collection.
We’re looking for a proactive and motivated intern to work with us on a full-time placement for up to two months. This exciting role will support our PR team and would best suit someone with stellar written and spoken communication skills and first-class attention to detail. Tasks will include updating press contacts, compiling press clippings, sourcing images for the web and print features, and general travel industry research. You will also assist with ongoing marketing projects involving our brand partnerships, including our prestigious events, high-profile promotions, membership schemes and the sales of our hotel guidebooks.
Our busy online marketing department is looking for interns who can commit to a minimum of two months, either full-time or part-time. Working at the vangard of marketing technology, you'll be assisting with our global paid-search accounts, as well as undertaking research and competitor analysis. This internship will give you a broad understanding of key online marketing channels and insight into how successful campaigns are built. We need someone who isn't afraid of spreadsheets and working with data, and the internship would be perfect for someone looking to forge a career in this exciting and rapidly growing area.
This internship, lasting two to three months, gives you the chance to work alongside our boutique hotel experts, at the frontline of Mr & Mrs Smith. You will be representing our brand to our members, assisting with taking calls, be actively involved with our online booking service, delivering our highly regarded after-sales service, and making sure every detail is taken care of so that our members are guaranteed the perfect Smith stay.
We're interested in hearing from bright, web-savvy would-be wordsmiths with an interest in travel and ambitions to work in journalism and web and print publishing. Interns will be with our editorial team full-time for two–four weeks (depending on their availability), assisting with the creation of insider travel content for our website and travel blog, and learning about all aspects of writing and editing. An English degree would be highly beneficial, and any experience subbing or proofreading would be useful – as would familiarity with WordPress or similar software.
We’re on the prowl for someone who’s enthusiastic, friendly and looking for all-round office experience. Duties will include helping with picture editing, answering and redirecting calls, arranging meetings and general office administration: updating databases, keeping track of stock and ensuring the day-to-day maintenance of the Smith office. There’ll also be plenty of opportunities to meaningfully assist other departments.
If you’re interested in any of the interning opportunities above, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and availability to email@example.com, specifying which role you are applying for in the subject line.