Mr & Mrs Smith (www.mrandmrssmith.com) and British Airways (www.britishairways.com) are giving one entrant and their guest the opportunity to win a European escape to London, Rome and Florence.
How to Enter
Customers can enter the competition by visiting: https://smithcollections.com/au/mms/competition/win-a-european-escape-with-mr-and-mrs-smith-and-british-airways
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter on our website and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any violation of these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification.
2. Entry is only open to Australian legal residents aged 18 years or over and who satisfy the entrance requirements contained herein.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of British Airways ABN 74 725 650 354 and Mr & Mrs Smith (Asia Pacific) Pty Ltd ABN 88 134 136 128 (“Mr & Mrs Smith”) (The Promoter), their subsidiaries and the agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who otherwise tampers with the entry process. Manifest errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
6. The competition opens 2 May 2013 and closes at midnight AEST on 31 May 2013. Entries submitted and received by the Promoter after this time will not be accepted.
7. To enter, participants must answer the following question in 25 words or less: Where would you like to escape to in Europe, and why?
8. Multiple entries are permitted using the online entry process and different email addresses.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity or details of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity or details of the entrant.
10. The winning entry will be judged on wit and skill, and will be selected by midday 7 June 2013 AEST. The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn and the Promoter elects to draw upon such reserve entries.
11. The winner will be contacted by email. If the winner is un-contactable and the prize has not been claimed by 7 July 2013 the prize will be reallocated to the second best response.
12. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incorrect, incomplete or lost entries.
1. The winning entry (“The Winner”) will win the following:
a. Three (3) nights’ accommodation for two people sharing a room at Dorset Square Hotel, London, UK, including accommodation in a Deluxe Room and breakfast daily
b. Three (3) nights’ accommodation for two people sharing a room at J.K Place Firenze, Florence, Italy, including accommodation in a Superior Double Room, breakfast daily, welcome drink, fresh fruit basket in the room, complimentary mini-bar (soft drinks) as well as tea and coffee and finger food and cakes, newspaper daily, WI-FI, access to Olimpo SPA Steam Bath, Florence Fitness Gym, DVD Collection, service and VAT (currently 10%)
c. Two (2) nights’ accommodation for two people sharing a room at Crossing Condotti, Rome, Italy, including accommodation in a Double Deluxe room, use of the kitchenette, soft drinks, courtesy tray with snacks and the necessities to make hot drinks
d. Two (2) return Club World business class tickets travelling on British Airways operated flights from Sydney to Rome, via London
e. Two (2) return First Class Europe Rail tickets from Rome to Florence
2. Total prize value is AU$20,445
3. British Airways specific terms & conditions:
a. The tickets are subject to availability and both tickets must be used at the same time with all travel to be completed by 31 December 2013
b. Reservations for all sectors are required, no open dated sectors permitted
c. Any changes made to the booking after the tickets have been issued will incur a service fee
d. The prize-winner and travelling companion must hold and carry a valid passport and any necessary visas
e. They will be carried pursuant to the British Airways’ General Conditions of Carriage available at ba.com
f. The prize does not include any ancillary costs; these are at the prize-winners own expense
g. Any change in the value of the flights during the promotion is not the responsibility of the promoter
h. Travel insurance is not included in the prize, however is strongly recommended
i. The successful applicants release the Promoter from any and all causes of action, losses, liability, damage, expense (including legal expenses) cost or charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the winner as a result of any loss or damage to any physical property of the winner, or any injury to or death of any person arising out of, or related to, or in any way connected with the Promoter or the promotion
4. Additional accommodation, meals, taxes, insurance, visas, passport costs, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other travel and associated costs, charges, taxes and expenses are not included.
5. The accommodation and Europe Rail tickets must be utilised by 31 May 2014 (31 December 2013 for British Airways tickets as per above condition) and are subject to booking, flight and accommodation availability and these Terms and Conditions. The Major Prize cannot be utilised during peak or black-out periods determined by the above named hotels and British Airways. All accommodation and flight bookings are made on request via Mr & Mrs Smith and are subject to availability. The prize must be booked at least six (6) weeks prior to stay dates.
6. For the purposes of the Major Prize, The Winner’s partner/friend will be subject to the same restrictions set out in clause 3 of these Terms and Conditions. The Winner’s partner/friend must be an Australian legal resident.
7. The itinerary of the Winner shall be determined by the Promoter in agreement with the Winner but, in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary.
8. Accommodation will be confirmed by Mr & Mrs Smith on receipt of the prize winner’s contact details. Confirmation in writing will be sent to the winner.
9. The Winner may be required to present a credit card at the time of accommodation check in as a bond for any additional costs incurred by the winner and guest, such as but not limited to food and beverage.
10. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, or any part thereof, are not transferable, saleable or exchangeable and cannot be taken or redeemed as cash or equivalent.
11. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster, virus, power failure, technical malfunction or other event beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter shall not be liable an entrant for any costs or liabilities and The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any requirements at law or relevant regulatory authority or otherwise.
12. The Promoter makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, as regards this competition or the merchantability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose regarding any prize or any component of any prize.
14. Entrants will be given the opportunity to ‘Opt In’ to a Mr & Mrs Smith database and British Airways database. Unless opting in, Mr & Mrs Smith will not share entrants’ details with any other third party.
15. If this Promotion is interfered or tampered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted or fulfilled as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant or the Winner; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion or the prizes, as appropriate.
16. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website situated at www.mrandmrssmith.com is the entrant’s sole responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entrants’ use (or attempted use) of such website.
17. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including the Promoter’s partners Safari Living, their officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity, loss of business or loss of goodwill or loss of profits); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is cancelled, delayed, interrupted, diverted, late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter or otherwise); (d) any variation in prize value or specification to that stated or referred to in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability or similar charge incurred by the Winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
19. The laws of Victoria, Australia apply to this Promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.
20. The Promoter is Mr & Mrs Smith (Asia Pacific) Pty Ltd ABN 88 134 136 128 of Level 1, 137 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia.
21. Mr & Mrs Smith (Asia Pacific) Pty Ltd and British Airways reserve the right to vary these conditions at any time and without notice.
22. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Entry to this promotion confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.