Style 17th-century country living
Setting Wonderful Wiltshire
Small, luxury and family-friendly Woolley Grange is set in 14 acres of glorious private grounds on the outskirts of Bradford on Avon. You're just eight miles from Bath and 30 minutes from Longleat, with enticing views of the White Horse at Westbury to gaze at in the distance. Laze by the pool in summer, retire to the fireside in winter, and enjoy the glorious English countryside all year round. Your children will love its giant trampoline, heated pool and amazing kids' facilities, too.
Need to know
- Rooms 26.
Double rooms from AU$181.89 (£117), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£117) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates usually include breakfast. Two-night minimum stay at weekends.
- Facilities Spa with indoor pool, sauna, steam room, two treatment rooms and juice bar; 14 acres of grounds, roaring fires, DVD library, pool table, table tennis, giant trampoline, crèche, outdoor play area, bikes.
- Poolside The heated outdoor pool is open in the summer months; the indoor pool all year.
- Check-out 11am. Check-in, 3pm, but you're welcome to arrive early and use the hotel facilities.
- Children Children are exceptionally well catered for here, and stay free of charge when sharing their parents' room. More...
- Also Dogs are welcome, and have the run of the grounds. Have a treatment in the spa, which takes inspiration from the kitchen garden (which it overlooks) and features Comfort Zone bath products.
Food and drink at Woolley Grange
- Hotel restaurant Head chef Mark Bradbury focuses on traditional British cooking with farm-fresh produce such as Wiltshire Horn Lamb and organic fruit and veg from the walled kitchen garden. You can also have lighter lunches and dinner in the Orangery.
- Dress code Comfortable and very relaxed, but you can dress up in the evening if you wish.
- Top table Head for the windows and soak in the idyllic garden views; the terrace is lovely in summer.
- Room service Anything from light snacks to a full dinner menu, available during restuaurant hours; otherwise, sandwiches can be provided.
- Hotel bar No bar, but you can order a drink to sip on the terrace or in one of the lounges.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Woolley Grange Woolley Grange Hotel, Woolley Green, Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire BA15 1TX
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Woolley Grange
A pre-dinner glass of champagne each on every night of your stay (up to three nights), plus late check-out (subject to availability)
Offers at Woolley Grange
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Most rooms are in the main house, and vary considerably in character: Palairet is a large double with beautiful garden views; West Gable is reached by a winding staircase and has a huge bathroom with a freestanding bath overlooking the garden; Chimneys is a cosy but very pretty double at the top of the house. There are more rooms in the outlying Stone Cottage and Coach House: Hayloft is the largest suite, with two bedrooms and a sitting room with two double sofabeds – ideal for family groups. Rooms in the Pavilion building are contemporary in style (Shanghai is nice), but elsewhere it's all about country-romance patchwork quilts, brass bedsteads and rolltop baths.
A good novel to hold while you nap on the lawn, by the pool or on a comfy leather sofa. Pack for every kind of weather (wellies are useful) and don't forget your swimsuit.
After a full day of gentle outdoor pursuits, babysitters are on hand to let worn-out grown-ups enjoy a peaceful chat by the fire.