The Bath Arms
Style Ivy-clad chocolate box inn
Setting Twisting lanes of Bath's Longleat estate
A boutique hotel hiding under the skin of a country-cosy inn, The Bath Arms offers a dose of stylish serenity on the Marquess of Bath's Longleat estate. Minutes from Longleat House and Safari Park, this hotel is ideal for families, yet its high-design romantic styling also makes it the perfect devilish weekend escape for two.
Need to know
- Rooms 15.
Double rooms from AU$198.97 (£121), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£121) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details During high season there is a minimum stay of two nights.
- Facilities Retro skittles alley. In rooms: TV and DVD, free WiFi, Apothecary toiletries, hot drinks facilities.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible subject to availability.
- Children Longleat Safari Park is on your doorstep, and a family of pigs in the hotel garden like to say hello. There is a charge of £20 per night for each child sharing a room with parents (maximum two children).
- Also Weekend bookings require both Friday and Saturday nights. Guests are offered a 10 per cent discount on the Longleat 'Passport' entry to the house and safari park.
Food and drink at The Bath Arms
Scarlet drapes and chandeliers hang above this restaurant specialising in locally sourced, non-fussy fare.
- Dress code Dapper dog-walker chic.
- Top table Tucked away in a candelit corner at the back.
- Last orders The barman hangs up his towels at 11pm. The restaurant is open for breakfast (8am–10am), lunch (12 noon-2.30pm) and dinner (7pm–9pm).
- Room service You can order food to your room when the restaurant kitchen is open (see times above).
Guests, locals and a big dalmatian hang out at the bar.
The Bath Arms The Bath Arms at Longleat, The Common, Horningsham, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 7LY
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Bath Arms
A bottle of house wine with dinner
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Bird in the Hand is a gorgeous double in chalky French tones; a huge Louis XV bed dominates the room. The ethno-modern hodgepodge decor of the newer Courtyard rooms sits a little uneasily alongside the more stylish rooms in the main house, so we'd plump for the latter every time.
DVDs and dressing gowns if you have room in the weekender.
For the best Bath Arms experience, ask for a room above the pub, rather than adjacent to it.
From the Guestbook…
We had a great stay at the Bath Arms. Although we enjoyed the meal in the restaurant on our first night, we enjoyed our meal in the bar on the second evening even more. The 28...more